Keep up with the news by installing RT’s extension for . Never miss a story with this clean and simple app that delivers the latest headlines to you.

 

­He is back: Arnold Schwarzenegger ready for another Conan movie

Published time: October 26, 2012 16:04
Edited time: October 26, 2012 20:04
The film stars Arnold Schwarzenegger at "Conan the Barbarian". (Image from kinopoisk.ru)

The film stars Arnold Schwarzenegger at "Conan the Barbarian". (Image from kinopoisk.ru)

Former California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger will be back as Conan. His physical condition and unforgotten acting skills seem to be good enough for Universal Pictures to sign a deal with the actor for new The Legend of Conan movie.

­According to Deadline.com Universal Pictures has signed the ex- governor to star in the movie due for release in 2014. Exactly 30 years ago the role of the mythical barbarian launched the actor’s career in the movie business.

Two Conan movies released in 1982 and 1984 were the first Hollywood productions that made Schwarzenegger famous. He later starred in The Terminator movies which made him an international star.

Fast and the Furious films’ producers Fredrik Malmberg and Chris Morgan are engaged in the new Conan movie production.

The Conan character was the brainchild of writer Robert E. Howard who created him in 1932. Screenwriter Edward Summer decided to develop the Conan stories into a film franchise and wrote a series of screenplays for these pictures. However they were never filmed.

The 1982 Conan the Barbarian by John Millius and Olivier Stone was Schwarzenegger’s first and the most successful appearance as the character. He returned in Conan the Destroyer in 1984.

"The original ended with Arnold on the throne as a seasoned warrior, and this is the take of the film we will make,”
producer Fredrik Malmberg told Deadline. “It's that Nordic Viking mythic guy who has played the role of king, warrior, soldier and mercenary, and who has bedded more women than anyone, nearing the last cycle of his life. He knows he'll be going to Valhalla, and wants to go out with a good battle," he says.

Last year Millennium Films attempted to revive the story of Conan on screen, however the reception of the film starring Jason Momoa was poor.

Comments (1)

Anonymous user 20.07.2013 08:29

why is it that some sad losers think that just cos ur over 25 you should just die go arnie go

Add comment

Authorization required for adding comments

Register or

Name

Password

Show password

Register

or Register

Request a new password

Send

or Register

To complete a registration check
your Email:

OK

or Register

A password has been sent to your email address

Edit profile

X

Name

New password

Retype new password

Current password

Save

Cancel

Follow us