Keep up with the news by installing RT’s extension for . Never miss a story with this clean and simple app that delivers the latest headlines to you.

 

'1mn died' from Afghan heroin, drug production '40 times higher' since NATO op

03.04.2013 09:31

Heroin production in Afghanistan increased 40 times since NATO began its ‘War on Terror’ in 2001, the head of Russia’s Federal Drug Control Service stated, adding that more than 1million people have died from Afghan heroin since then.

View full story

Comments (94) Sort by: Highest rating Oldest first Newest first

 

Ivan888 01.05.2014 17:26

Opium was a major reason why USA worked hard to drive Russia out of Afghanistan and to impoverish Afghanistan.

 

Terry Mckinney 20.09.2013 23:50

First,There is no way to stop heroin production.Second,th ere is probably a lot more that 10% coming from Colombia,alone.Third ,the prohibition of some drugs is the real problem as it creates an unreal and unsustainable price for heroin.Us addiction is at an historically and all time high of 2%.The situation in Europe and Russia as well as Iran is even worse.If the coming legalization of cannabis becomes fact,the cartels will switch to drugs like heroin,cocaine and methamphetamine,MDMA ,etc.Even the russians concede that a goal of 25% is doable.That leaves 75% in Afghanistan,alone.

 

Tony Bamber 16.08.2013 09:16

The heroin/opium trade is more exploitative, more abuse and more lethal than the slave trade ever was.

Anonymous user 27.07.2013 19:43

According to Peter Dale Scott and others the heroin trade funds CIA covert ops around the world

Anonymous user 27.07.2013 19:41

The idea that NATO are trying to stop it is completely untrue

Anonymous user 27.07.2013 19:41

The trade is and always has been a major weapon of the British Empire against potential competitiors

Anonymous user 27.07.2013 19:39

The international heroin trade is under the control of MI6 and CIA

Anonymous user 27.07.2013 19:37

NATO are actually behind the upsurge in opium production. They supervise it.

Anonymous user 27.07.2013 19:36

The idea that NATO have tried to persuade local growers not to do so is not true.

 

Gary Mac 17.07.2013 18:33

Drug test all CIA, FBI, TSA, NSA, or any other person or persons involved in keeping us safe with their fake terriosm. Congress would be a good place to start!

Anonymous user 21.06.2013 05:52

urine tests for our soldiers and much better survalence on our own troops.

Anonymous user 21.06.2013 05:48

If there is money to be made, someone's gonna make it.

Anonymous user 21.06.2013 05:48

soldiers from ritch countries means movement to those countries.

Anonymous user 14.06.2013 22:53

pierdole tuska to debil

Add comment

Authorization required for adding comments

Register or

Name

Password

Show password

Register

or Register

Request a new password

Send

or Register

To complete a registration check
your Email:

OK

or Register

A password has been sent to your email address

Edit profile

X

Name

New password

Retype new password

Current password

Save

Cancel

Follow us

Follow us