Brazil to host global internet summit in ongoing fight against NSA surveillance

10.10.2013 22:23

Brazilian leaders have announced they plan to host an international conference on internet governance next year, a declaration that comes after the nation has lobbied without success to change NSA policies used by the US to monitor Brazil.

Comments (11) Sort by: Highest rating Oldest first Newest first

Pete Anderson 11.10.2013 13:01

Ana Luiza 11.10.2013 12:20

Yes, there is. People protesting were not driven by Brazilians. Guess who is orchestrating it all?
As a Brazilian I'm scared.

I am very sorry to hear this. I hope everything turns out for the best. I think this is an Academic manipulation of media. Adrian Salbuchi predicted this while ago you cold find some information their. Also I heard a priest on you tube talking about the dangers of cultural Marxism, I think that is their tool of subversion. I would be beawre of foreign journalists/academic s influence. Maybe you can counter some of the propaganda?

Ana Luiza 11.10.2013 12:20

Pete Anderson 11.10.2013 12:09

The west can not help poking it's nose in and meddling into other countries affairs.
I have no doubt their is a destabilisation project going on in Brazil.

As a Brazilian I'm scared.

Ana Luiza 11.10.2013 12:17

eslaporte 10.10.2013 22:49

Now - Brazil can expect more nonsense from the Americans, including being labeled 'anti-American.' The Godfather never sleeps and does not like naughty children ...

Yo u're right. I'm Brazilian and I'm very scary because those people protesting were not grassroots. There is something in the air and it is not freedom.

Pete Anderson 11.10.2013 12:09

I have no doubt their is a destabilisation project going on in Brazil.

Mike v. W. 11.10.2013 11:20

Vitale 11.10.2013 08:57

So what Jew Generation is Rouseff from. Boy is she fat.
Brasil has no purpose in this current global political world at the present.
Best that all present and future Business takes place in either Russia or China.

Bo y are you badly informed, Brazil is one of the most important countries in the world after the real superpowers.
Per sonal attacks on her character won't diminish in any way that she hit the nail RIGHT on the head.
Anti semitic remarks are also not acceptable, I think you're pretty unintelligable, or just foolish.

j.innes 11.10.2013 05:09

“Without the right of privacy, there is no real freedom of speech or freedom of opinion, and so there is no actual democracy,” This is very true. The right to privacy is also the right to be left alone. Also if one group has so much asymmetrical knowledge then everybody else will be at a tremendous disadvantage and will not be able to organize politically, or compete in business equally, if they can not have business secrets, and it is harmful not to be able to have private or family secrets, and sometimes it is just dangerous to belong to a group or affiliation.

lawrence grijalva-palmisano 11.10.2013 02:00

Sounds like Brazil is going to take the lead in restoring some level of privacy in the world again!
BRAVO!

groingo 11.10.2013 01:01

The world needs to publicly say THANKS to Mr. Snowden then do something with what he has given the world.

falloftyrants 11.10.2013 00:38

This is awesome that we have someone in power that sees the government for the corrupt regime it really is. It would upset me too if I was denied my visa when I had an appointment with the UN. We are not alone.

Gonzogal 10.10.2013 23:32

BRAVO Dilma!!! Well done.

eslaporte 10.10.2013 22:49