G20 Syria divide: World’s largest nations speak out against US-led strike

06.09.2013 18:19

As leaders of countries making up half of the world’s population firmly opposed military action against Syria without a UN mandate, the US kept pushing for a strike, claiming that many countries represented at the G20 summit were “comfortable” with it.

Comments (191) Sort by: Highest rating Oldest first Newest first

Rudi Weyrich 06.09.2013 23:48

Rick Negus 06.09.2013 23:41

As a Canadian I am deeply disappointed in the position of my government but not surprised, Mr. Harper our P.M. is well know as a US/Corporate lapdog and I think that I can safely say he does not represent the views of most Canadians on this issue and many others.

Ditto from BC. The Canadian govt speaks for no one but Harper. As usual their position is as it has been for years - prostrate.

Tom Paine 06.09.2013 23:46

Less than a third of We the People of the no-longer-United States of Amerika support military action against Syria. A mere 19%
( at best ) think favorably of Congress, and at least 65% of all Amerikans think Barak Obama is a muslim, a communist, a traitor, a New World Order Fascist/Zionist, and/ or is just too stupid and pathetic to lead the country. If you ask me he's a Psychotic Traitorous War-mongering Zio-Fascist as are most of our so-called " representatives " in Warshington D.C. and these Zio-Fascist Traitors are determined to ignite WWIII and/ or finish the demolition of our once great nation.

Rick Negus 06.09.2013 23:41

I have long admired President Putin, he is a strong leader which the Russian people appreciate, he is the voice of reason and sanity in all of this.

As for Obama, the world is now seeing the truth about the American and Israeli ambitions. Maybe this is all for the good we now see the Emperor has no clothes.

Radiation Poisoning 06.09.2013 23:23

Is it ironic that the pie chart clearly shows a peace symbol or am I imagining this clear revelation?

Ina 06.09.2013 23:21

Axis of evil US, UK, France, Japan, Saudi Arabia are once again are thirsty for Human blood. These countries have killed more human beings than World Wars in the name of peace.
Russian Federation and China should play their role for world peace. So for they are successful in preventing slaughtering of human beings by these countries in Syria.
Every one from every corner of the world support Russia and China and having loads of respect for these two countries.

Tim 06.09.2013 23:19

U.S. citizen here. Obama is sounding more and more like a dictator, willing to ignore the U.N. because they're not doing what he wants. The American people by and large do not want this war. Our country, like many others, have been hijacked by sociopathetic goons in suits.

Cheyanne Cody 06.09.2013 23:17

If Congress votes against attacking Syria and Obama goes ahead with an attack, then he needs to be impeached on the spot.

Jan Pieter Mulder 06.09.2013 23:13

I think it is time that the BRICS take over the "Policing" functions of the world instead of the US and its poodles... Just a thought...

Femi Obileye 06.09.2013 23:05

Let us count all the wars sold to us by the US to date and access the results post war.
100% failure rate. That created a more dangerous situation.....for the whole world.
We also found out that most were predicated on carefully planned lies.....carefully planned!!

Tore W. Tvedt 06.09.2013 23:03

The free world must stand united against the NATO-aggressors. I was ashamed over my own government, Norway, bombing Libya back to the stoneage. The US-serialwars for global hegemoni must end now.