Keep up with the news by installing RT’s extension for . Never miss a story with this clean and simple app that delivers the latest headlines to you.
An international battle has been raging between a Russian mother and a Finnish father fighting for custody of their 10 year-old girl.
View full story
I think a girl that age should live with the Mommy (unless she is totally out of her mind or dangerous). Point finish. The father can go visit; later (maybe after 14-15 y.o.) the girl may choose to go live with Daddy, which will be fine. Maybe Finnish are different from Italian, or maybe is just political? Sorry, but being a single-parent I have a pretty good idea of what happens to kids, and when they are young they need Mommy more than anything else.
What is the idea behind of this flow of horror stories of Finnish evil officials treating poor helpless Russian mothers? Maybe some other sources than the rather pathetic Finnish anti fascistic committee should be considered by RT and other Russian media? This "committee's" members (all 5 or so) are just either rowing with a definite shortage of some indians (or should I say native Americans to be politically correct) in their canoes or are just the Finnish acting committee of some FSB program.
If I would be journalist I would be asking some questions like:
- How many parent who's kids have been taken away by officials think the officials are right and she or he is wrongly treated?
- How convenient it is to claim the reason for this is that you're a minority in a country?
- Do these things happen to completely Finnish parents?
- Would bringing up kids in multi-cultured relationship needs a bit more work and has more difficulties in general?
- Should also Russians living in Finland follow Finnish laws of not beating children or should they get a special permission for that?
- Should they be entitled to special treatment otherwise too?
- And if so, should these special treatments be given also to Africans to get their daughters circumcised?
By posting your comment, you agree to abide by our Posting rules
Log in to comment in full, or comment anonymously under character-limit restriction.
To complete a registration check
A password has been sent to your email address
Retype new password
Who wants to own the Kremlin?
Russian authorities sentence smokers to “slow and painful death”
Russia stops adoptions by foreigners
Rantala saga: daring escape of homesick 7-year-old
Another adopted Russian boy beaten to death in US
Castration or life sentence for pedophiles in Russia
Child falls from eighth floor…while adults shoot video
Kidnapped girl to stay with her father – court
Russia declares Finnish diplomat persona non grata
Mother of kidnapped girl free to return to Russia
Russia lashes out at Finland over kidnapping
© Autonomous Nonprofit Organization “TV-Novosti”, 2005–2013. All rights reserved.