Putin to Cameron: No evidence Syria chemical weapons attack took place

26.08.2013 18:30

Russia has no evidence of whether a chemical weapons attack has taken place in Syria or who is responsible, Russian President Vladimir Putin told British Prime Minister David Cameron in a telephone call, according to Cameron’s official website.

Comments (76) Sort by: Highest rating Oldest first Newest first

fran7 28.08.2013 07:43

USA and UK should be patient and not acting like hysterical school children who are hyper active. The UN inspectors will determine the use of chemical weapons in Syria which is the first step in Detective work. "Patience is a virtue".
Th e UK tv News is very biased against Mr Assad and seem to want to go immediately to war with Syria when the only evidence coming from Syria exposes how brutal the terrorist rebels are boasting about their cannibalism. Why do USA and UK wish to help terrorist like this who are fighting rival gangs and causing anarchy which bodes ill for all.

Prabha Gopal Sgg 28.08.2013 06:31

The only way to isolate this problem & prevent the West to irresponsibly attack Syria is for Russia to mobilize its forces. It would be a signal to Obama & Cameron that you can't just attack a sovereign nation based on here-say. Since US & UK have disregarded International Laws before, this is what Mr Putin should have baldly told Cameron and to Obama!

I clearly recall how the 1973 Arab-Israeli war was ended when the IDF was just about to completely encircle the Egyptian 3rd Army. Mr Brezhnev mobilized the Soviet forces & was ready to enter the boiling cauldron. This prompted the US to halt its Israeli buddy!

Muhammad Abbass 28.08.2013 05:21

adrian clay 27.08.2013 22:54

im british and i dont like my goverment but my country feeds me, cloths me, and when im sick pays my bills, it also gives me a vote and the right of free speech which is why i can type this comment, would thiis be true in syria under asad?.
or for that matter in russia, or china,or north korea?

Those rights do exist in most of those countries and more actual freedom and better lives on the whole than anything you imagine except where the violence or sanctions of your gang have made it otherwise. You should get out more and stop assuming you know anything.

Peter Pan 28.08.2013 03:14

Rafasa Arandas 28.08.2013 01:46

Putin is no better than Obama, don't deceive yourselves.

If Putin was not better than Obama we would not be able to find neither Syria, nor Iran on the map. When you get bored, look here:
divinecosm os(dot)com/start-her e/davids-blog/1145-u s-military-fed
a nd here:
silverdoct ors(dot)com/jim-will ie-ustbond-return-to -sender/

John 28.08.2013 02:33

@ adrian clay 27.08.2013 22:54

You forgot to mention Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Turkey, and Egypt. These are all countries that your country and the US support and supply with weapons that they use on their own people! Perhaps this information is never discussed by Rupert Murdoch's media empire and this is why you are so ignorant of the realities of the governments that your country support?

Rafasa Arandas 28.08.2013 01:46

Putin is no better than Obama, don't deceive yourselves.

adrian clay 27.08.2013 22:54

why are the coments going one way ?
or for that matter in russia, or china,or north korea?
my country aint perfect but it's better than most.

Joey 27.08.2013 15:55

George Lemonides 27.08.2013 12:25

all lies to destroy another independent country from Banker terrorist control

You are one very misguided miscreant...

Dave 27.08.2013 15:12

I'm british, I feel like our leaders are getting out of control, I am against any military action in Syria. They are preparing to attack before the UN team has had a chance to analyise things properly. They should stay out of syria and stop assisting the so called rebels.

Gerlyn 27.08.2013 14:11

well i have to say that i am agree with all that has been wrote ,,, but still we need to find something or someone who could explain how, when and who give the order to use this chemicals weapons,,, if we just think who would be the beneficiaries of this chemical attack ,,, everyone would say western community "US, uk, france,",,, and obviously the supremacy of US army against the rest of middle east has already been showed with the magnitude of expression as "Genocide" ,,, now crossing the rest of the area,,,!!