Putin: US should present Syria evidence to Security Council

31.08.2013 09:54

Russian President Vladimir Putin has declared ‘utter nonsense’ the idea that the Syrian government has used chemical weapons on its own people and called on the US to present its supposed evidence to the UN Security Council.

Comments (240) Sort by: Highest rating Oldest first Newest first

Roxy Chick 02.09.2013 15:39

Obama is arrogance personified and uses his skin colour to promote his authority in the world. I look forward to the day, if it happens, that China rules the world and then we will see america having sanctions put on it...hopefully by the Russians and Chinese and about time too! Mr Putin is a hero God Bless him and Long Life to him and his strong leadership, Mr Putin we are all behind you please do the right thing and continue with pressing for evidence and do not allow the americans to get away with it.

Jermaine Kosier 02.09.2013 05:05

what you mean the evidence that was most likey planted?

mijj 01.09.2013 21:42

the Word of Truth that issues from the Political Hierarchy is Religious Decree. (Similar, in essence, to the Religious Decree that the Earth is the Center of the Cosmos.)

To suggest Evidence be used to determine Truth is Blasphemy.

FreedomFighter 01.09.2013 18:15

I have a Creepy feeling if Obama can't get Approval to attack Syria a False Flag terrorist attack will justify it. Just like Bush couldn't get approval to go to war with Iraq until 9/11 happened

T 01.09.2013 11:41

We are now at a point in History where Orthodox Russia's (not Khazar Communist USSR) moment has arrived. WW III is being forced upon the Muslim & Orthodox Worlds just like it was forced upon Europe in the Summer of 1914 and like it was forced upon N.S. Germany in the '30's. This chemical attack is another false flag just like 9/11, 7/7 & many others prior and post. Cui bono? The Khazar led state of Israel & those who wish to transfer the status of ruling state from USA to Israel. They have a messianic obssession to rule the world from Jerusalem. They & their useful idiots will commit monstrosities to achieve this.

John Carpenter 01.09.2013 11:37

RT - thanks for the anti-spam button. It's working!

John Carpenter 01.09.2013 11:34

Mariya Prosto 01.09.2013 08:50

Maybe it was a bribe, the U.S. did not attack other countries?

I think is was an expression of relief that Bush was gone, like a hostage kissing her rescuer. Obama had done nothing at that point to judge by.

John Carpenter 01.09.2013 11:27

Cheyanne Cody 01.09.2013 10:45

Obama is incompetence personified.

Jimmmy Carter is ecstatic.

Your mother misspelled "Cheyenne"

Geoff King 01.09.2013 11:21

Destabilization of the Middle East is a big part of the Globalists plan. Call them big banks/corporations, the New World Order, or the Illuminati. They are calling the shots here. Keeping those countries under constant threat of war means they can sell weapons to both sides as well as control their economies. After a while, they will no longer need to control the US military to achieve their goals, and the fall of America will be next on their agenda. All the while, the ignorant masses will remain unaware of what is really happening and just go on pointing fingers at each other. Wake up people!

Cheyanne Cody 01.09.2013 10:45

Obama is incompetence personified.

Jimmmy Carter is ecstatic.

Geoff King 01.09.2013 10:35

Attack Syria because of alledged chemical weapon use, forcing Iran to become involved. Iran is trying to sell oil for other than dollars. The elite bankers can not allow that. Iran may attack Isreal, causing NATO to attack them with full force. Iran will be neutralized, and the dollar will reign supreme. Yep, sounds like the New World Order agenda is right on schedule.

Aleoden Maki Casan 01.09.2013 10:08

Mr. Putin you are absolutely right and the true peace loving people support you.

rogirl 01.09.2013 09:52

President Putin is so right in saying present Syria evidence to Security Council. The USA is not the policeman of the world even tho' they indicate they are by bypassing international rules. The USA has no right to attack a legal sovereign state under any circumstances.

Ade Chapman 01.09.2013 09:45

I Like that comment! Putin Yes He Can !

svenja 01.09.2013 09:32

Putin - yes, he can!

Geoff King 01.09.2013 09:25

Em 01.09.2013 08:30

Western intervention in Syria has nothing to do with this current "chemical weapons" propaganda campaign or any other human rights issue. When OPEC nations begin to accept currencies other than the dollar for oil products it will almost certainly be the end of America's dominance in the world economy.

Yes, and it is the Rockefellers and Rothchilds that print and own all that money, not the US government. They are the ones causing these petrowars.

sandra 01.09.2013 09:22

McCain went on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno and was not convincing in any way for his reasons and the US governments reasons for attacking the Syrian people.
His best argument was that Assad was a bad optometrist.
Obu mmer went on the same show and did nothing but lie and he wasn't even good at it. Obummer is the worst protector of the Constitution of the United States and Harvard should demerit him personally and rescind his fake law degree.

mary 01.09.2013 09:16

the americans are good at one thing only, making money, their politics revolves around that, all their efforts are focused to achieve that objective, and there's no better way to make money than to get the war machine churning while charging someone else (gulf states) to pay for it. the saudis are bedouins, they are ignorant in all aspects of life and have a very simplistic view of life, they are easily manipulated into paying billions for their "protection&quo t;.

Roxy Chick 01.09.2013 09:03

Mr President Putin you are very right I am with you over 100% of the way, I hope RT informs Mr President what we really think of his strong leadership. Without Russia and China involved the americans will do what they did in Iraq and we all know it is the jews who are controlling america and bringing down every muslim country around israel. Get rid of obama they got rid of romney because he was going to go to war with China. Who the h*ll do the americans think are? Russia and China are going to have to sort this out the west can no longer kill innocents for their own gains. Come on Russia & China we are backing you!

Freesaxon 01.09.2013 08:59

Over here in Britain, the press is mockingly reporting the death of the USA/UK `special relationship’ quoting the Americans as saying the French are our oldest allies… Mon Ami !
Its all very childish stuff. The gas attack, as other posters have stated is just the excuse America needs for its` grand slam’ of the middle east’. It's horrific, inhuman, but look at the West’s record ! As Mr. Putin states no `evidence ‘ of Assad involvement has been realised, yet there is an unseemly haste for attack.
WHY ?

Mariya Prosto 01.09.2013 08:50

Geoff King 31.08.2013 20:55

I am still trying to figure out why he got it in the first place. Did the Nobel Prize commitee lose their minds along with all of their credibility?

Maybe it was a bribe, the U.S. did not attack other countries?

Em 01.09.2013 08:30

Western intervention in Syria has nothing to do with this current "chemical weapons" propaganda campaign or any other human rights issue. It has to do with the Syrian/Iranian alliance and Iran's policy of accepting currencies other than the American dollar for oil and gas. When OPEC nations begin to accept currencies other than the dollar for oil products it will almost certainly be the end of America's dominance in the world economy. This was the real reason for America's invasion of Iraq & Gaddafi's death. see sources: petrocurrency, at wikipedia or Google: Iranian oil bourse.

Proud Atheist 01.09.2013 08:18

Part2:

Chin a, with its economic might and all the bonds they own in the US, could play a major role on chocking the Western economies.

Russia has NO choice but to act. A terrorist win in Syria will put the Qaeda on Russia's doorsteps. In our estimation, we think that the first Russian role in the war would be to sabotage the US attack by jamming the missiles, and part of the Russian naval forces in the area could be doing that. As a result, there is a potential of direct confrontation.

Proud Atheist 01.09.2013 08:15

Part 1:

We believe that the claims that Assad did the chemical attacks are LIES. Qaeda did it, and it is supplied by weapons from Western countries, Saudia Arabia, Qatar and Israel. This war won't be a limited action. Iran and Hezbollah know they are next, and they would get into the war with all of their power.

We know what Israel has, but it could be wiped out with a massive assault by tactical missiles. Both Syria, Hezbollah and Iran have all these weapons.

Destroying the oil industry in the Persian Gulf would lead to the collapse of the economies of Japan and some Western countries.

Alexander Hayllar 01.09.2013 07:50

Gerry 01.09.2013 05:09

Let the UN do their job and then justice will prevail.

the U.N said dont invade iraq what happens America ignores them and goes ahead anyway, bro the U.N is a toothless tiger, it has no real powers and nobody listens to them especially America

Isaac McPherson 01.09.2013 07:39

I live in the USA and it is sad that we are trying to go to war and not respect the process of the UN. Obama has shamed this nation and I'm glad British government refused to go along with this foolishness the CIA started. I don't trust our government and I would like for Obama to carry what he has to the UN Security instead of being like Bush. Receiving information from Israel is a joke when Israel wants to draw USA in this mess to have a reason to war with IRAN.

marcus 01.09.2013 07:11

If no-one can produce the dead bodies shown on TV, how can anyone say there was a chemical attack? Hollywood type photos and films can all be done in photoshop or virtual movies machines and actors can be hired.

In my opinion if no bodies can be produced and examined by a coroner, then no crime took place. Anyone can put on a gas mask and spray chemicals around that can be picked up by sensitive equipment

g390063@rmqkr.net 01.09.2013 06:36

Gerry 01.09.2013 06:14

Yes it's reasonable , but do you really trust a guy that hates homosexuals

It is only hysteria in "free" US and EU press about gays to switch attention from much more important things. Nobody hates homosexuals in Russia, but Russians there really disgust so-called gay-activists.

Listen, cry about poor homos in Russia has the same rationale as cry about bio weapon in Iraq. To make enemy for nation. New 'Red dawn', ya know.

Oleg Gaidaev 01.09.2013 06:25

Why does American government suppose that it must be the "world's gendarme" and make a decision either bomb or not? It is not your country, it is not your people, it is not your war. I know it's all about geopolitics. And I'll say why Russia and China "don't appreciate" this idea much: yesterday it was Lybia, today it's Syria, tomorrow it's Iran. It's clear for me that Obama just don't care about any rules. And I'm sure that it would be the greatest mistake for USA to start this military venture. We'll just see about that.

Jim 01.09.2013 06:10

Putin is saying "let's take a really close look at the facts". What could be more reasonable than that?

Veritas 01.09.2013 06:03

USA used chemical weapons (agent orange, napalm) in Vietnam, and white phosphorous in Fallujah and got away with it. Syria seems to be following the same footsteps - which is all wrong. When drones are weapons of mass destruction, and military strikes cause collateral damage (loss of innocent civilians), one question arises: "Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but not notice the log that is in your own eye?"

Thomas Carroll Jr. 01.09.2013 06:03

Palmer Eldrich: Thank you for kindly mentioning me in your post. I would say one thing though, if you claim to not be familiar with what I say, why do you go on accusing me of saying things? The truth is I am not in favor of a military strike in the Middle East, and would completely be in favor of the USA bringing their evidence to the United Security Council. I would be very curious as to what happen there. So, in the future, do not suppose to know someones words before you take the time to read them please. It does a disservice to what I perceive to be a truly refined intellect and character. Best wishes

Thomas Carroll Jr. 01.09.2013 05:57

Garry, I do not notice where I suggested America not follow the International Law. I think maybe you assumed I would, but that is not the case. I actually do not desire for America to get involved in the conflict, It is a fact that those people in Syria were based. It truly is a crime, but I do not think it is America's job to do something about it. America has enough of its own problems to worry about, without spending 1 millions dollars per bomb destroying another country.

LisaAgnes 01.09.2013 05:54

Gerry 01.09.2013 05:51

Ok lisa but this is nothing to do with God or Putin, it's law , if you break it you suffer the consequences. This is if you murder kids with gas , then you broke the law. It has to be done right , emotional appeals don't work with me. The Un must deal with this and it has to be seen to be done, thus as an example to the despots rebels or otherwise, kings or people who wish they were, the law is the law.

Tha t is right, and Putin in the one who is following the law. He has a cool head.

Peter Knopfler 01.09.2013 05:49

THE AUDACITY OF ARROGANCE, OBAMA´S Trojan Horse THEME no threatens world´s peoples. Black face and voice fooled & fueled the world thinking a Change BUT NOSUCH LUCK. World Military Domination is the goal agenda and DREAM TEAM, Kerry HAGEL Brennan all Know smell of Agent Orange by Monsanto they know Napalm, Vietnam VETERANS all 3 three are seasoned experience KILLERS. President PUTIN, will He know how to stop the american Dream of violence & control, and wake up the Americans to what is really happening. MONEY lots of MONEY from WARS, from Chemical wars to medication for Nation MONEY talks ...people die.

LisaAgnes 01.09.2013 05:48

I did not believe any of this 20 years ago when I first got on the internet- but then out of nowhere I was attacked from all directions. I did not know what was happening and was utterly and completely blindsided. 13 years ago I realized that someone or something was actively trying to destroy me and I began to fight back and consider it warfare. If I had not done this I would probably be dead by now. Over the last 20 years I have slowly pieced things together.

LisaAgnes 01.09.2013 05:38

I am drawn to Putin because I sense that he will not put up with this evil, he is aware of it and familiar with its machinations, he is not afraid of engaging with it, and he is willing to do God's will in fighting against it. In my perception and experience the USA, in contrast, is in bed with it and uses it (the evil) against its enemies and against her enemies - of which I am unfortunately one. I do not mean to imply that 'she' is Israel - I do not believe this. She is wholey american.

LisaAgnes 01.09.2013 05:29

Continue with the fairly tale: this woman could easily be called the wh/re of babylon. I don't really want to go on with this tonight. Bits of it all can leak out here and there in what I say.

LisaAgnes 01.09.2013 05:22

Gerry 01.09.2013 05:18

Some people here are so up their proverbials they cant hear see or listen, this isn't about you , don't you get it.

Are you talking to me? Thomas asked me about myself, Gerry.

MonsantoGoingDown 01.09.2013 05:20

And now we find our from the Voice of Russia that it was the rebels who were responsible for the chemical attack... AND they got the weapons from the Saudis! Kudos to Putin for having a cooler head than Obama and waiting for the data to come in.

LisaAgnes 01.09.2013 05:18

Vladimir Putin would probably not be afraid of asking me about this evil, Thomas, or of drawing it closer. He is an old KGB man who has returned to God, and he knows those avenues and he can fight the evil he came to know through his struggles. He is ready to do battle with this thing, do you understand? He may think that what I am is worth fighting for - not necessarily me individually, but what it is that I am a part of.

Thomas Carroll Jr. 01.09.2013 05:17

Gerry: I agreed with everything you said, whole heartedly, except for the last thing. I wish to God it were the case, but taking the case to the UN will only mean an obstructionist vote, no matter what the evidence is, by the Russians and the Chinese, who have major economic and military interests in the Syria. And in their minds, the deaths of a few thousand, or even a few hundred thousand Syrians amounts to crumbs compared to their value of those interests. The game of calling on the US to prove things is not to be persuaded, it is to stall the US from any action that would threaten their interests in the region.

Dale Breman 01.09.2013 05:16

Few staged films prove nothing.

If US does not provide any concrete evidence to the UN Security Council, that would mean that there is no solid evidence and that US's only intention is to help the rebells in their losing fight, which would be an aggression act against Syria.

LisaAgnes 01.09.2013 05:12

I tend to think of it as a jealous woman who is looking to marry a specific man, and who will use whatever evil she can get her hands on to destroy and cripple those she sees as her competitors. I am one. He loves and wants me. She pretends to be me; in reality she keeps me 'locked up', so she can steal my perfume and other things that I produce just by virtue of being what I am and present them to him as her own. She must hold me down, raise me to believe that I am worthless, use every evil at her disposal to wear me down, make me stupie, dumb, crazy, ugly, whatever she can so that I am not competition for her.

Thomas Carroll Jr. 01.09.2013 05:10

LisaAgnes: I see. I misunderstood. I thought you said you were under the influence of a great evil, and if so, I was only going to ask you one time as to not draw it closer.

A topic best not spoken of then.

If you are close to God, then you have no fear, because where there is fear, there is no love. But love casts out all fear. You are therefore blessed and the actions of mankind should have little effect on you, your emotions, or your mind. The power of God is a rock, and nothing truly standing on it will be swayed. Good for you. May God Bless you in Truth.

LisaAgnes 01.09.2013 05:06

This evil is amorphous. Let me put it in fairy tale term; severything in the fairy tale can easily be translated to adult, 'distanced' terms and eveything in the fairy tale understood as metaphor. It is just easier to tell it this way.

Oregon Farmer 01.09.2013 05:04

Thank you Mr Putin. If not for Russian might, the US would have invaded Iran long ago.

Thomas Carroll Jr. 01.09.2013 04:56

Brigitte Meier:Thank you for taking the time to comment here on this forum. Are you really going to take one man's comments about one specific situation, without looking at any evidence, to me the empirical truth? You have to remember, that Russia has one, just one military base outside of its own lands, and that is in Syria. Also, Russian business's have spent a lot of money creating a pipeline that transfers oil directly up to Russia, that they then intended to sell to all Europe. It is not about human lives to Mr. Putin, it is about protecting his investments. If Assad loses power, he loses power. It is simple math

LisaAgnes 01.09.2013 04:55

[quote name='Thomas Carroll Jr.' time='01.09.2013 04:43']LisaAgnes: What deep Evil do you speak of? Iquote]

I am sorry that you are only allowed to ask one time about the evil I speak of. I am under no such restrictions, because I am under only my own protection and God's. This is one of the things that makes me such a threat - I have my own mind, my own opinions, my own voice, and a strong relationship with God.

LisaAgnes 01.09.2013 04:50

Thomas Carroll Jr. 01.09.2013 04:32

LisaAgnes:If you do not mind my asking, where are you from? Where do you live now?[...]

Hi Thomas - I am an army brat, so I am not from anywhere. My father retired from the military as a Lt. Col. I am sure he had intell connections. In 1976 he was in Iran for a year training the shah's troops. He divorced my mother (and us) in 1980. I now live in Monterey County, CA. I don't know who really used the chemical weapons. I believe that we should all await the UN report. Shooting at the wrong guy won't do any good.

Thomas Carroll Jr. 01.09.2013 04:32

LisaAgnes:If you do not mind my asking, where are you from? Where do you live now? I was born in America, in Chicago actually, but have had a very difficult time with this American culture. I would like to know more about you if you wish, but as for this topic, Assad's accused actions, what do you think? Do you think Assad's Military actually used Chemical weapons to murder his own people? Have you seen the video's and testimony from non America sources? I read the news from every major, and some minor news outlets everyday. It seems like the world have strong views either way. I would like to know your thoughts.

Aleksey Z. 01.09.2013 04:27

Russia declared on Aug 22 that they know what kind of rocket and where from was launched. To date, no poof was provided to counter US claims. Some time ago, Syria declared that some kind of proof of rbels' guilt was sent to UN. To date, UN did not respond and neither Syria nor Russia published any materials or asked UN to omment publicly. Let me also note one interesting detail: President Putin has not made any single comment about situation in Syria exactly until the day after the US released their "proof". Was he afraid that the US actually have and will not hesitate to share undeniable intelligence?

LisaAgnes 01.09.2013 04:25

[quote name='Thomas Carroll Jr.' time='01.09.2013 04:17']LisaAgnes:Tha nks for your comment. I know the wording may have been confusing. [quote]

Hi Thomas - thank you for your sentiments and kind words. It is appreciated. I can see that you believe in America, and there are good people in America. I have been actively fighting a very deep evil for the last 18 years though, and in my opinion this deep evil is allied with the united states government and was used against me be the united states government to achieve their own aims. That is not acceptable to me.

Thomas Carroll Jr. 01.09.2013 04:17

LisaAgnes:Thanks for your comment. I know the wording may have been confusing. I was speaking specifically about Russia's last 100 years of history. More Russian's dies under their own government during the last 100 years than all the deaths that occurred during all wars since, including every nation. They will soon discover that round 3 of the Great Wall is at their doorstep, and they will be begging for outside help, and if not America, it will be a Western nation that they currently hate, that comes to their aid. I know what you mean, there are some very mean people out there and I am sorry they treat you poorly.

Veritas 01.09.2013 04:16

Whatever evidence (if any) - satellite photos, phone and internet tapping, testimonies from victims, etc. - should be subjected to United Nations scrutiny for credibility prior to any offensive response by U.S. or NATO. Dis-honouring U.N. would amount to contempt of court, or contempt of international law.

LisaAgnes 01.09.2013 04:14

This to me says that America has climbed into bed with an evil that has utter contempt for me and women like me, and that will do everything in its power - including making use of deep evil - to destroy us. This is not good. I do not feel this same contempt coming from citizens of other countries online - only americans.

The Russian mind/heartspace feels so much better to me, and so much less full of contempt for me and what I am.

Shane Vanderlinde 01.09.2013 04:11

There's better technology these so the chance of killing innocent casualties most like way lower than ever. Obamas goal is to make this world a better plc. U can see it in his eyes. People need to stop acting like they can do his job.

Thomas Carroll Jr. 01.09.2013 04:11

Sofia Ermia: I am sorry for your peoples situation. It sounds horrible. I do not know who will ultimately come to their aid, but I know for sure it will not be Russia. Their position is to let people die, as long as it does not effect them. The point fingers and make a lot of noise, but ultimately do nothing for anybody. I am trying to think of the last time they did something for a Country or people group besides themselves, and, I just cannot think of one single time. Best Wishes to you and your people.

Shane Vanderlinde 01.09.2013 04:09

Perfectly worded Thomas Jr. This putin guy seems like a snake. He's trying to stop the US for some reason. Is Obama suppose to sit here white people that breath the same air as us are getting slaughtered by there own government. Middle East needs to figure there stuff out and things won't get better unless Us helps

LisaAgnes 01.09.2013 04:07

Thomas Carroll Jr. 01.09.2013 03:15

[...] you will awake to see an American face offering to help.

I disagree. Living in America I have been subjected to so much contempt - I do not fit in here. I can usually pick out other Americans on the internet because they invariably treat me with contempt and call me 'crazy' - non-americans don't do this.

Sofia Ermia 01.09.2013 03:51

As an Hazara American, I just want to mention that there are 3000 Hazara refugees from Afghanistan stuck in Syria. Unfortunately, UN and Afghan government completely forgot about them critical situation in Syria and no media are interested to talk about them as well.
So, who is gonna be responsible for this people's life ? UN, Afghan government, Syria regime, or US?

qwertyking65 01.09.2013 03:48

"...and you will awake to see an American face offering to help."

Well, my people learned one thing:
If US citizen is in your bedroom, You will be robbed and killed in Your sleep.
And not by some black guy but by WASP, with smile on his face.

Thomas Carroll Jr. 01.09.2013 03:15

We here in the US understand you Russians a lot more than you think we do. We see you a lot more than you know we do, and we understand what you are really capable of a lot more than you do. Pride is not a blanket that will keep you warm for long. As citizens of 2 different countries, we are really in the same boat, but you will not see it. I have seen your future, just as I have seen your past, and you will have no relief from the suffering that is about ready to befall you and your children. It will be generations again before you see the light of day, and you will awake to see an American face offering to help.

ariadna theo 01.09.2013 03:14

Putin is asking the impossible. There is no evidence

Sam Uy 01.09.2013 02:09

Putin and Obama are the same but two different president: the former was elected by his people; the later was selected by their corporate magnate.

Sharon Storm 01.09.2013 01:53

hooray for Putin! the only people that support an attack on Syria by the US are the homicidal gov'ts of Israel and Saudi Arabia.

Xenia Lynn Teresa Williams 01.09.2013 01:35

Putin, is my favorite politician. As long as he stays pious, and keeps his head on his shoulders, God will be with him.
Glory to God for Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin!!!!!

Leon the Professional 01.09.2013 01:26

Unauthorized Comment 01.09.2013 01:16

The US should just evacuate Israel and thermo-nuke-bomb the entire Middle-East into oblivion.
The only way to end the terrorist threat is to eliminate it by nuclear means, as the fiery judgement of God.
These people will never learn.

A fantasy that lives only in your head. Your sick mind is exactly the type that needs to be stomped out of society....or at least sent to a psychiatric hospital where you can druel your fantasy as a means of escape. Either one works out good.

steve 01.09.2013 01:04

I agree. Even if the US can produce proofs, they need the mandate of the U.N., not go gun hoe alone like John Wayne. When will they learn?? Meantime we all get pulled into a potential WW111.

PsychoticShroom 01.09.2013 01:00

I believe him to be right in taking this stance. These chemical weapons we've heard of when the last time they were used was concluded by the UN that these rebels used them. The fact that these rebels are also known as Al-Qaeda who was supposed to of attacked Britain & American forcing us in to other nation makes you wonder if what is going on. The west should stay well out. It isn't there business.

steve 01.09.2013 00:27

pete 01.09.2013 00:12

Geez...a whole page of comments that just show the childishness and degrading insults by those that are angry that maybe The Plan won't continue. You know the one; Odet Yinon talks extensively about it. It is really funny when people like Fleck and Metrowich freak out, as if they are part of this Hitlerish ideology.

Yes, lots of unfriendly banter going on there indeed, although I wouldn't blame Metrowich only, I think Leon needs to be smarter when dealing with these devils. He's just feeding them with his silly replies I am afraid.

freethought 01.09.2013 00:16

Thomas Carroll Jr. 31.08.2013 20:45

Putin stands on very thin ice.

Oh ? What are you planning to do, Mr. Thomas? Abusive domestic agenda is ripping off senior citizens financially, and letting the bandits who did it enjoy their ill gotten profits, for example. Murdering countless thousands of people for profit, in many countries. Etc, etc etc. You must be one of them fancy paid provacateurs, on CIA's payroll.

Natalia Metrowich 31.08.2013 23:19

Rob Fleck 31.08.2013 22:59

Putin could do some good in the world if he tried but unfortunately he is the leader of an evil country that backs other evil counties.

Yip, that pretty much sums it up. Russia is the route of all evil.

Ali Kiyan 31.08.2013 23:06

My Fellow Americans ! Act now to prevent this disaster. Write, email, or phone your congressional representatives and tell them NO to this insanity. Make this a priority- this may be our last chance to avert WW3. I cannot think of anything you might have planned for this Labor Day weekend that is more important than this. Besides this will only take a few minutes of your time and is unquestionably of the utmost urgency.

Let your congresspersons know this is a waste of lives and money- we could do a lot with that money.
Congress will return to vote on Sept 9

Markus Limmergård 31.08.2013 23:04

[quote name='Rob Fleck' time='31.08.2013 22:48'

Except it is lies, just like Iraq. Do you have proof Assad did this. In that case, present them, otherwise, shut you warmongering mouth up. And whom does the US support?: Al-Quiada, just like they did in Afganistan, and that's right, Bosnia. And Assad has killed 250.000? Acording to whom, and how can you be so sure Al-nusra doesn't bear the burden. And besides, the US has killed a million in Iraq along with a long list of civilians in numerous invaded countries during the last 50 years. And the responsibilty you're talking about is one they've broken over and over.

Marko Valens 31.08.2013 23:02

I highly doubt US reasons for this intervention. As if they do not know war cannot be ended by war and disease cannot be cured by disease. Striking Syria shall further plunge the country into violence without end in the near future.
We all know how much peace and democracy US brought to Iraq and Afghanistan and where are those two countries today.
I ask those who support such actions, who do not US attack Zimbabwe, Saudi Arabia or Somalia? Neither of these states are democratic societies nor the governments are humane or tolerant. So, if the people suffer in such regimes, where is US to end it?

Aziz Ibrahim 31.08.2013 22:45

I trust Puttin with everything else but not when it comes to the Crisis in Syria. He has his own interests in the region and he wants them protected.That undermine the cridiblity of his words. Sorry old friend. Not backing you on this one.

marcelo 31.08.2013 22:17

Mr. Putin's comments came too later, n my opinion he should had says something on Thursday when the British parliament was debating whether they will attack Syria or not. It will makes a huge difference because people will listening when someone like Mr. Putin say something, because he is not a talk-less person. But, sometimes things have to be told at the right time otherwise will be too later. Sometimes, we ordinary people, think that the leaders of others countries don't know what is happening around them, use, how can they let the US do and undo whatever they want and none do anything about that?

thegoldenpipewrench 31.08.2013 22:16

Abdel-Moneim said his son and 12 other rebels were killed inside of a tunnel used to store weapons provided by a Saudi militant, known as Abu Ayesha, who was leading a fighting battalion. The father described the weapons as having a “tube-like structure” while others were like a “huge gas bottle.”

Ghouta townspeople said the rebels were using mosques and private houses to sleep while storing their weapons in tunnels.

go ogle mintpressnews gas attack saudis

Tethloach D. Ruey 31.08.2013 22:06

Russia should not allow Americans mess up again. Americans should not act as if they own this world. If US strike Syrian government, Russia should consider striking rebels. This will deter the US. Russia should not only oppose the illegal act without action.

Hona O Denise 31.08.2013 21:56

It seems obvious doesn't it, America shows scant regard for the views of non-American's. Maori in Aotearoa (NZ) hate thew wankers and will cause problems for them with absolute certainty.

Leon the Professional 31.08.2013 21:35

This is why you see desperate Americans post nonsense on this website. They know they can't prove Assad used chemical weapons, so out of insecurity they think insulting President Putin on RT is winning them marks, no it just makes them look desperate. Right Wing Conservatives, NATO hounds hate RT, because it exposes them for what they truly are: unintelligent, nieve and foolish people who don't live in the real world.

Tom Mysiewicz 31.08.2013 21:34

A balanced assessment of a false flag attack on par with Israel's "Operation Trojan" that led Ronald Reagan to wrongly bomb Libya in 1986 (based on phony transmissions from a planted transmitter in Tripoli). And what's with all the work at home schemes in comments? Putin could probably win an election in many countries because people perceive he represents the interests of his own country rather than those of bankers or foreigners.

Bill B 31.08.2013 21:28

Rob Fleck 31.08.2013 21:13

It was reported too that Saddam Hussein got 100% of the vote in Iraq at one time. Did you believe that too?

Saddam Hussein was the only name on the ballot. Anyone who would have entered their name would have been killed.

Leon the Professional 31.08.2013 21:28

Imbecile Americans won't question their governments' credibillity. Have you read the "evidence" on the White House wesbite? It's vague nonsense, also claiming it has stronger evidence but is "classified&quo t;. This is an insult to our intelligence. Show the evidence if you have it, if you don't you are a liar and are the very name calling you use against President Putin.

eslaporte 31.08.2013 21:27

I'm going to contact my Congress people and tell them to vote NO to intervention in Syria!

We don't solve problems by bombing them away! I'm also going to tell them to stop this nonsense of rushing off to try to bomb a problem away rather than working with others for a solution.

Geoff King 31.08.2013 20:55

Mariya Prosto 31.08.2013 20:49

Obama should return the Nobel Peace Prize. Obama - a war criminal.

Mariya Prosto 31.08.2013 20:49

Obama should return the Nobel Peace Prize. Obama - a war criminal.

Thomas Carroll Jr. 31.08.2013 20:45

Putin stands on very thin ice. He may have taken control of Russia and its infrastructure, but he has no support anywhere in the world outside of totalitarian dictatorships or sham governments who all treat their own people as Assad does. He flexes what muscle he has, as often as he can. He points out the failings and faults of everybody around him, while going about his own abusive domestic agenda. He is nothing more than a international thug. A bully. A Nerf man.

Tilli 31.08.2013 20:39

When those countries with Nuclear weapon bully and blackmail other countries that do not have such resources to defend themselves, it is the UN's responsibility to stand up to these bullies. Unfortunately the UN is corrupt and inept therefore either those with WMD; nuclear, chemical and biological warfare should verifiably destroy their WMD or other countries should have the right to posses the same if they choose. STOP Bullies, Blackmailers and Extortionists. Rebuild a True and Just UN.

inconsequential 31.08.2013 20:30

I don't know I have ever heard of the, "Battle of Wabash", as an American, but for the record I have read parts of Howard Zinn's, "A People's History of the United States" and I think that as a non-Historian, more important than knowing each atrocity of my nation or others, I should reccognize an overall *trend* of war crimes and should be highly skeptical of anything my government says since there is a proven trend in lying to the public to push the hidden corporate agenda.

(continued in above post)

Rose Blankenship 31.08.2013 20:29

He needs to just STFU. What will he do when it happens to his country....Cry for help from the very countries he can't stand.

Bob Figueroa 31.08.2013 20:27

Mr Putin talks the talk. But will he walk the walk?

Geoff King 31.08.2013 20:13

Obama now says he will wait for congress to decide if the US will attack Syria. Almost like he read the constitution or something. Congress is still out until Sept. 9th, so it will probably be at least a couple of weeks before a decision could be made. I guess Lord Obama has decided he really is not god.

Natalia Metrowich 31.08.2013 19:28

I totally agree that the chemical weapongs were supplied by Putin and shipped to Assad and that Russian forces trained the Assad regime on how to use the launchers.

This accounts for the delay tactics Putin employed to delay the U.N. inspection. Russia is supposed to be part of the U.N. but as we all know and agree, the U.N. is dead in the water whilst saddled with that incomptenet country and its' leaders.

Li ke eceryone here, I believe it is time to kick Russia out of the U.N., or for the U.N. to be disbanded.

Crystal Starheart 31.08.2013 19:24

Maybe the couple thousand Syrian people that Obama has said he was going to bring into the US are really people that have agreed to assist in providing the actions and creating evidence needed to help the US government get into the country for a military takeover and to establish another puppet government for the oil corporations. Nothing the US government or its' agents can be believed now. US government personnel and agents are committing crimes against US citizens in the US even now. US citizens need foreign intervention to save their own country now from the criminals running Homeland Security agencies.

maria 31.08.2013 19:24

I agree. You just can't point the finger w/out investigating 1st. It just makes a person look foolish to assum cause it makes an (assofu&m). Peace out.

John Banks 31.08.2013 19:17

@ Onivido, congratulations, you ar 100% correct. Mr Putin it appears is the only leader with any sanity! Lets also look at the bigger picture, apart from Syria, there are American bases in all the countries surronding Iran. It is more than obvious what the eventual goal is. As for the Sarin gas, it is also more than obvious who supplied it and who used it. Will America be ready to punish Saudi and the terrorist rebel groups who they have been supporting for so long? Another thought, is America guilty of supporting, aiding and abbetting terrorism?

Lord Anonymous 31.08.2013 19:08

Honestly, even Putin didn't say that. We all see it clear that situation in Middle East is already deep in crisis. Can't be risky to let another war happens. Why is Obama still blind?

Onivido Kurt 31.08.2013 18:51

I fully agree with Mr. Putin´s statement. It is absolutely necessary to transmit this message to the people in the western world, because they are being fed lies by their press , and seem to be unable to use their brains.
Common sense is the least common sense.

Ahmadzai 31.08.2013 18:38

President Putin is right to ask US to present any evidence to UN Security Council. In the meantime he should send air defence systems S-300 to Syria in order to protect Syrian people from American aggression.

WILLY BO 31.08.2013 18:34

I wonder what the mossad, the israelis, knows about Obama to push him do whatever they want.
When it comes to fabius french FM, and other US leaders in charge with foreign policy or journalists like cnn Blitzer, their dual citizenship is sufficient..

Tom Paine 31.08.2013 18:29

This could very well escalate into a complete disintegration of the current world order. And isn't that what the Zio-Fascists really desire? How else can they build their New World Order except upon the ashes of the old?
And, while they're at it, the psychopathic monsters get to spill alot of innocent blood so it's a win/win for them.

rais 31.08.2013 18:27

Putin is right, the UN has sent experts to syria to conduct a proper inspection on any eventualm use of chemical weapon by either the government or the so-called rebels (backed by the USA), this UN team has not yet present or compile his report why the USA have to jump on the military action waiting from them, and it sounds suspicious like they are trying to avoid either hidden truth, or report showing that they are the one supplied those weapon to the terrosits.
Why Obama did not want to wait???????? For the report...
Assad is clean and the USA has contributed to destruction of syria , a beautifull country ....

Noah Way 31.08.2013 18:25

In Jan. 2013 the Daily Mail published and retracted a story on a U.S. False Flag chemical attack In Syria to be used as justification for military intervention.

Viktory Tko 31.08.2013 18:19

Francis Mandengue 31.08.2013 18:00

Why war if we are a Christian nation

We're a Muslim nation wake up son

joan moore 31.08.2013 18:06

I am so frustrated. I am in America, and want to know what is really going on. How can President's Putin and Obama see Syria in such different lights?
I'm not naive, I'm reading and reading everything I can find on Syria, but still I want to pull my hair out because I feel I know NOTHING.

George Edwards 31.08.2013 18:03

There is no room for narrative discontinuity here, as the US wholly intends to support regime transfer in Syria. As we (mankind) steer a course into the turbulent global socio-economic tributary, there will be cultural preponderances to historical national mythology. Any dissuasion to such motivations inevitably will be met with extreme prejudice. The US has over two centuries of fervent development of national providence enforcement, or more clearly stated as a proclamation of independence by any means necessary under the divinity of God. I am certain that the limit to self endowed virtue at gun point has been met.

Geoff King 31.08.2013 18:00

Again I say, it is not the US government that should be blamed. They are controlled by the elite globalists. They are being used just like the rest of us. The US does have the strongest military, so naturally those who are really in charge will use it to further their New World Order agenda. They count on us blaming each other, so we do not notice that we are losing the entire planet to them.

Francis Mandengue 31.08.2013 18:00

Why war if we are a Christian nation

Ivan Grozni 31.08.2013 17:55

Merciful angel strikes again.
I am Serbian and was in Serbia during NATO strikes.
I feel for Syrians...

Christopher Jannette 31.08.2013 17:52

Russia is a stakeholder in Syria incorporated, as is the United States. That is the fundamental rule of fight club.

Tom Paine 31.08.2013 17:51

Of course I don't wan't Warshington D.C. to reap what it has sown! I'm just using the same logic that the War-mongers Obama and Kerry are using to - falsely - justify an immediate attack on Syria. It is an undeniable fact that the Zio-Fascist regime in Warshington is a clear and present danger to the entire world.

Geoff King 31.08.2013 17:42

Tom Paine 31.08.2013 17:36

Russia should launch a preemptive strike on Warshington, D.C.

Do you.really want WWIII to start? Washington is not where the US keeps its thousands of nuclear missiles. Hit there and NORAD will not hesitate to launch them all.

Tom Paine 31.08.2013 17:36

If all the evidence were presented to the UN for evaluation they would
find incontrovertible proof that those who are most avidly pushing for an escalation in hostility in Syria ( and the entire ME ) are, indeed, those who are responsible for this heinous crime against the Syrian People and humanity as a whole. If they aren't stopped the entire world is in danger. Russia should launch a preemptive strike on Warshington, D.C.

Natalia Metrowich 31.08.2013 17:34

Leon 31.08.2013 17:21

@ David Tulliano 31.08.2013 16:54<BR><B R>i am nearly sixty years old and have seen a lot!!! But one of the most disgusting things i have ever seen in my life is the loathesome War-Criminal Hillary Clinton laughing with the Islamic KLA fanatic and Muslim Terrorist and mass-murderer, Mohammed Thaci, the so-called "president" ; ; of illegally annexed (by the jew-owned USA ) Serbian State of Kosovo

Really?? Is this one of the most disturbing things you've seen in 60-years? S'truth, you haven't seen much then.

Geoff King 31.08.2013 17:01

I see no reason to think this has anything to do with religion. Jews, Muslims, and Christians alike are all being used by the corporate elite. They grow wealthy on war, and the more we fight amongst ourselves, the more they profit. Divide and conquor is more than just a saying to them. They put a regime into power and then replace them with a different regime before they get too well organized. We are their pawns.

David Tulliano 31.08.2013 16:54

God knows the USA is responsible for ALL Syrians that have died since this war began.
God knows the USA orchestrated these rebels from small rock throwing protesters
that were getting killed by police into hate and murder soldiers for your Middle East agenda towards Iran.
(like a USA policeman would not shoot to kill if you threw huge rocks at him without stopping)
God knows the USA murders for religious purposes, Israel.
God knows about the false propaganda following this.
God knows about the false propaganda today.
The USA manipulators of the Middle East sleep with Syria's deaths.
God knows this.
Putin knows this.

wangolo joel 31.08.2013 16:50

SSD7 31.08.2013 16:33

No doubt, who did it was Israel. So doing a surgical strike on Israel to remove all its weapons would finally bring peace to the Middle East and to the rest of the world.

Your right about Obama and Putin having a seat of disscussion but i don't think washington is ready for that.

wangolo joel 31.08.2013 16:34

At list there, When Russia coughs the west catches fire, But just say you the USA and bloody allies don't have the proof that we want.

SSD7 31.08.2013 16:33

Phillip Costello 31.08.2013 15:44

Philipp 31.08.2013 16:32

nordic fella 31.08.2013 16:02

Why? So Lavrov can start moaning again? That guy has donr NOTHING to help the Syrian situation. Niether has Putin. I guess if the strategy is let the Muslims kill each other then it's going according to plan... Israel thanks Putin too then...

Putin hasn't done?Do you have brain bro?Buy it , they're going to sell it in Syria now , fresh american brain however,that's bad quality.Syria has been provided with food and stuff by Russia while having economy problems also diplomacy help , also military help , volunteers and other things.Some credits.R u ok?

nordic fella 31.08.2013 16:05

Phillip Costello 31.08.2013 15:35

The anti Semetic sentiments expressed by you Ruskies are downright disturbing. The Jews do not control America. But you all are controlled by a dictator -- Putin. If Putin really cared about GENOCIDE he would be more concerned with figuring out who ACTUALLY carried out this attack. Obama is an idiot too. But you Ruskies are disturbing. You have no regard for genocide against innocent people. You would rather rail against Jews.

Al l of RT is a giant anti-jew cespool of hate. FOR YEARS RT has been this way...
I get my laughs here..so many idiots...

nordic fella 31.08.2013 16:02

Joseph Chan 31.08.2013 15:57

Hardline against western mischief! See Rusia - Syria - Saudi tactics in play.

See eutimes.net article on Prince Bendar and Putin August talks.

Павел Масюк 31.08.2013 15:46

I'm russian. I'm not Putin's fan boy at all. There is a great amount of things in Russia I don't like and consider Putin to be responsible of. I even wishhim and his team to leave.
But. For 13 years of Putin's regime I was never ashamed of Russian foreign policy. Once again I find statement, he presented the most sensible view on Syrian events.

Phillip Costello 31.08.2013 15:44

Dimitri 31.08.2013 15:39

@Phillip Costello, I'm thinking of them as much as they ever thought about me.

You admit you don't care about genocide whether against Jews or Muslims. If Obama and Putin were real leaders, they would get together, determine who committed this atrocity, and have the USA and Russia join together and PUNISH who did it. But you people don't care. Your hatred of Jews clouds your vision.

Hu 31.08.2013 15:40

For any country to kill people, such as the case in Syria is wrong, by any standards set by the one and only GOD. These people definitely must be stopped!
However , our so called President along with our so called administration and at least 65 percent of Congress (all of which should not be in office), but were all elected by the wonderful people of Our Country all support funding of Abortion Clinics!
Now, do you really believe that God supports this action!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

Dimitri 31.08.2013 15:39

@Phillip Costello, I'm thinking of them as much as they ever thought about me.

S hussain 31.08.2013 15:37

US has no feelings of innocent civilian so are rushing for either war or using drone upon civilian.

Phillip Costello 31.08.2013 15:35

Commander 31.08.2013 15:34

"Today we are witnessing an almost uncontained hyper use of force --military force -- in international relations, force that is plunging the world into an abyss of permanent conflicts. We are seeing greater and greater disdain for the basic principles of international law. One state, and of course, first and foremost the United States, has overstepped it's national borders in every way."

President Vladimir Putin (2007)

moira 31.08.2013 15:34

the interview with Putin keeps Cutting off. hasn,t putin got love eyes

Young Lee 31.08.2013 15:29

pete 31.08.2013 14:23

This sure smacks of 1939 and the Polish invasion by Hitler and his thugs. We should have stopped Bush and his hoods in Iraq, but didn't. Late is better than never though!

Point taken, but did you know that Hitler invaded Poland mainly to stop the Zionist- controlled Polish militia from killing ethnic German cilvilians? Prior to the outbreak of WW2, more than 50,000 of them had been murdered in brutal ethnic cleansing.

Of course, Hitler was not a nice man, but to compare him to either Bush or Obama (or to any recent American President) is gross moral obscenity.

jeff strehlow 31.08.2013 15:20

Commander 31.08.2013 15:15

President Putin has the common sense and the courage to speak out. We can rest in the thought that cooler heads will prevail within the Putin Administration, and this is so contrary to the arrogant and aggressive mindset of Washington. The world needs more leaders like Vladimir Putin!

And it's funny that the Western media makes President Putin out to be a bad guy.

jeff strehlow 31.08.2013 15:15

[quote name='Luigi' time='31.08.2013 14:53']Now about the picture... It has been said that the alleged attack lasted from 2 hour in the night until 6 in the morning. This made possible to make the first pictures dated Aug.20th in Youtube to fit with the time fuse of California, where youtube servers are. Now we have this picture wich looks like to be well after 6 o'clock (is the information available?)... Or it's me too prone to conspirationism?[/qu ote]

Google , which owns youtube, should be able to tell us exactly when (in UTC time) the pictures were uploaded. They just need to look at their server logs.

Commander 31.08.2013 15:15

Mike TheLeo 31.08.2013 15:14

Obama is now talking like the Bush America voted out and Putin is now talking like the Obama America voted for.

I hope Obama’s latest version listens to Putin and that there are no more new wars.

Young Lee 31.08.2013 15:05

I salute Vladimir Putin for standing up to the Zionist- controlled leaders of America, UK and France.

What a welcome sight he is compared to those spineless and cowardly Anglo-Saxon puppets of Zionist criminals whose sole purpose in life is to fulfil every wish and whim of their masters.

In Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin, the Rothschilds have more than met their match.

Any self-respecting human being should now be fully supporting Putin and Russia in their quest to eradicate the parasitic vermins that are the Zionist financial terrorists from the face of the Earth.

Luigi 31.08.2013 14:53

Rod Lloyd 31.08.2013 14:53

At last a true politician calling it as it is.. The Amerikans and UK twats need laughing out of existence with their nonsensical accusations that a 7 year old can see through, they are so juvinille in their thug thinking.
Get rid of them, how about a 2 day strike on Washington ans Westminster just to wake them up and let them see WE are serious not to keep the coporate war machine fattening its wallet with mass innocent death's

Geoff King 31.08.2013 14:50

The globalist banks and corporations are the true enemies to world peace. They orchestrate these wars so they can sell arms to both sides and just move in after the killing is done. Obama, Putin, and all the other world leaders answer to them and are their puppets.

WorkTogether 31.08.2013 14:50

The world respects you President Putin & all those in your cabinet, working alongside you for a better world. Seems Edgar Cayce's prediction was right, when he predicted that, "Through Russia, comes the hope of the world. Not in respect to what is sometimes termed Communism or Bolshevism — no! But freedom — freedom! That each man will live for his fellow man. The principle has been born there. It will take years for it to be crystallized; yet out of Russia comes again the hope of the world.”
God Bless you & yours always Pres Putin!

Palmer Eldrich 31.08.2013 14:45

Someone has to bring back some sanity - what happened to International law? seems like the Russian Federation is the only one that adheres these days ?
The President is stating the obvious it just seems revolutionary because of, um, that quote from , ah Orwell.

In other words the world has gone insane with its own insanity and The President of Russian might be one of the only sane leaders left.

what we all need to do is move to Russia , but in a way the helps, or maybe the world needs to readjust itself to a less insane and less violent manner?

unlikley .

roll tape....

alotta fagina 31.08.2013 14:42

Well to the American people if u dont like what your govt is doing with your money stop sending it to them. Make a stand if obama goes in either move to impeach and stop paying your takes dont send govt another dime. Theres alot of complaining but not enough of an action or stand being taken feel free to paint up a sign and stand there looking a fool because thats what we are doing.

fsw 31.08.2013 14:42

I like puttin he has his head screwed to his shoulder. His a wise man and in all honesty he should be the one given the Nobel peace prize not Obama he should be stripped of it cos all he's done is cause more chaos than peace.

Lionz For Love <3<3<3 31.08.2013 14:24

And why would Assad attack his own people so close to the UN inspections?If they were not there already?Knowing it will give NATO the perfect excuse to invade the country.They never present any detail information either.It's always "an anonymous source close to the White House said".If i was a 100% sure on my case you can be sure i would present the evidence openly and publicly.Otherwise,a ny murderes thief with an agenda can say anything to justify any war.Which they do.And who gave Saddam his chem weapons to gas the kurds?If you say Russia then please don´t have kids and spread your idiot genes...

Euro Canuck 31.08.2013 14:22

US allies:
A report by the Council of Europe describes Kosovo today as a country subject to “mafia-like structures of organised crime”. It accuses KLA commander and current prime minister, Hachim Thaci, of heading a criminal network involved in murder, prostitution and drug trafficking.
This may come as no surprise to those who have witnessed his rise from terrorist thug to head of the newly “independent” state. But what will be a shock to many is the grotesque way in the KLA helped finance its operations—by removing and selling body organs from kidnapped Serbian civilian prisoners.

Mike TheLeo 31.08.2013 14:17

Finally Putin is becoming the leader the world needs!

Only Russia has the balls to stop US from invading any country it wants and get away with it.

and I am not even european or american or from middle east.

But I am thankful that Russia exists to counter the non sense war games and outside interference of US in other countries matters.

Let UN decide what is best, together. That's what UN was for! Ban ki moon looks like a puppet in the hands of others!

gre etings from India!

Marc Letourneau 31.08.2013 14:14

I live in the US and I am ashamed of the US president as he does not fit the "dream". Thanks to RT and other sources, and thanks to the Internet overall which connects us to the world, we can get more diverse information and have a better understanding of events and their context instead of being brainwashed by the controlled media. The hidden agenda and hypocrisy of the US is getting clearer by the years. The best countries are the ones that will try to convince the others to be part of a federation under one flag: the flag of the planet Earth. My moral allegiance is to humanity, not to an arbitrary selfish country.

Euro Canuck 31.08.2013 14:13

NATO attacked Serbia in 1999 without approval from UN which even former US president Carter called "ILLEGAL", followed by the tons of lies in Western media.
Today M. Albright is the owner of one of the biggest wireless companies, former NATO commander Wesley Clark owns stocks in a few very rich mines, etc.
Carla Del Ponte, a long-time ICTY chief prosecutor claimed in her book that after the end of the war in 1999, Kosovo Albanians were smuggling organs of between 100 and 300 Serbs and other minorities from the province to Albania.
Unfortunately a that time Putin wasn't in power but constantly drunken Yeltsin...

WorkTogether 31.08.2013 14:10

@ 'Sandy E'... If I had to trust any leader in the world today, it would be Vladimir Putin.

WorkTogether 31.08.2013 14:09

@ 'Sandy E.' time='31.08.2013 13:16' Understand how you feel, that this could be a con on both sides Russia's & the West's.. "Military Exercises" turned into real war, with real people dying by the million... Same thoughts crossed my mind... But then I visited Russia, virtually from my laptop, from Sochi to flood stricken Amur Oblast & Chelyabinsk, to check out grassroots governance & whether Putin, Medvedev, Lavrov, Pushkov, Lukashevich & other Russian politicians could be trusted. Go & check & see how the Russian gov is rebuilding Russia & uplifting her people. They don't bow down to the corrupt Zionist cabal.

Lionz For Love <3<3<3 31.08.2013 14:08

The russian goverment is no saint but it is not comparable to the US.Some 60 plus invasions or aggressions of war committed by the US and their allies in the twentieth century alone.How many has russia had?It's all about the money,always has been and always will be.People may say that the US and their allies has no interest in Syria.Wrong actually since it would give them strategic value close to Iran and to deterr any country in the region to leave the dollar for any other currency.Just look at which countries supports the dollar in the region.Could the Saudis be there?Or Turkey?Qatar perhaps?You tell me.

Rick Gannon 31.08.2013 13:55

Long live President Vladimir Putin, and thank you .

Louis 31.08.2013 13:52

This is the same guy who had no evidence when he invaded Georgia right????? He does not care about one human life he;s just thinking about where will he sell his weapons if the GOVT of Syria goes down... Figure out it bad Vlad your economy is 17th in the world anyone who has money in Russia moves it to the US or Europe... Wonder why.... No trust in the GOVT.... The world would be a better place without you!

John M 31.08.2013 13:46

If US will be Judge, Jury and executioner, why does world need UN? Why rush to attack before the UN inspector's report? The attacks if it take place is just to help opposition of Assad's government to get upper hand, because they have suffered some setbacks recently, everything else is just pretext. Don't we remember the pretext of attack on Iraq?

WorkTogether 31.08.2013 13:46

There are none as deaf as those who won't hear and none as blind as those who refuse to see... Control the world's oil & you control the World & every shipping lane... which is framed by the Star's & Stripes flagging merrily on the shores... Including the Strait of Hormuz! Oi, Obama what a dangerous, suicidal game you're playing with not a single Ace in hand!

Abu Fatima 31.08.2013 13:43

Thanks RT staff for the 'mark as spam' button. Putin's sparse but concise wording make him sound like a real statesman, compared to the 'we are certain but can't confirm 100%' neocon balderdash from western capitals.

jeff strehlow 31.08.2013 13:32

As usual, President Putin speaks sensibly.

Geoff King 31.08.2013 13:27

Sure, let's take out Assad so the rebels can move in. The rebels are run by Al Qaeda, America! Remember them? Remember 9/11? Do you really want our government to help them gain more power? Wake up sheeple of the USA!

Denis19 31.08.2013 13:25

If the US had proof of satellite images showing chemical movements and forces ready to use them according to their informants. Why did US prevent it before letting all the innocent people get killed. But then again, what if the UN report supports the US claim. What then?

RichardD 31.08.2013 13:19

The NATO/GCC terror axis is already in blatant violation of international law in Syria and throughout the region with their foreign aggression regime change projects.

Joaquin 31.08.2013 13:19

This is Russias chance, if the USA attacks Syria. Russia should just let it all out and Conquer the planet. dissolve NATO and destroy it's allies. God Bless Russia!
the world needs men like PUTIN!

Sandy E. 31.08.2013 13:16

Just because one of your news agencies reports a story does not make it true. A respected leader can make a statement with their opinion and make it sound like a fact. This whole horrible fiasco could be a ruse to draw decent people to war. What human being can sit and watch piles of bodies on live newscasts and not want to do something constructive?
I am probably wasting my time writing theses few words. My posts don't last very long. These comments are favorable for you because the ones that are disagreeable to you are deleted. Good-Bye RT. Print this!

Tornuggleman Tyto Alba Alba 31.08.2013 13:13

Thank goodness for Putin and Russia !
The US "intelligence&q uot; is completely worthless !
Just leave Syria to sort their own buisness. Respect their suveranity.
Musl ims have ALLWAYS for more than 1500 year been fighting among each other .EU don´t need anny more pedofileworshipers.
Muslims are their own enemys and violence/killing is just part of the sick cult of islam ! Just leave them to do what they do best and let them practise the muerderous culture islam is.

Thank You Putin !!!

Duncan Gill 31.08.2013 13:08

Well aid President Putin very happy to hear strong words..time to take the gloves of with the US WARMONGERORS..speak loud and clear the world is with you!

jglassel27 31.08.2013 13:07

According to Veterans Today, Gordon Duff, Syria has already absorbed two nuclear strikes by Israel.

The Syrians have shown restraint and not responded as Israel had hoped, seeking to widen the war.

Respon se by Syria would bring in the US, the Calvary to destroy another indigenous people (the Syrians) as noted by another commenter.

As such, a chemical response, assured to bring the "Calvary," by Assad is ludicrous.

Lillie Herold 31.08.2013 13:06

I agree with everything reported by President Putin. It's my belief he should call the U.S. before the U.N. Security Council for violation of International Law. President Obama and his administration are putting forth lies before the U.S. public so as to gather support for an all out invation of Syria. It is my belief that President Obama may have been offered monetary payment by the American Israeli Lobby. The Neo-Cons want to destroy all Arab nations hostle to Israel.

Gnollrunner 31.08.2013 13:05

Putin gets a lot of bad press in the west, however the way I look at it, it's a good thing that there is at least someone with the balls to stand up to runaway US power.

Commander 31.08.2013 13:02

Russia President Putin is absolutely right. He must continue to speak out against these illegal actions of Washington.

Johan Coster 31.08.2013 13:01

I like Putin he is not scared .
There is no proof so wats next

Tony Blair 31.08.2013 13:01

Obama has no evidence to present to the UN security council. He has withdrawn the weapons inspectors from syria. He just wants another stse pulled down. The whole middle east, syria, lebanon, iraq, egypt, libya, sudan, somalia, yemen, bahrain will degenerate into malitias & uncontrollable wars, spilling over into europe. Its the american government not the people leading this armagedon.

Alex 31.08.2013 12:59

The international zion club is operating in Russia as well as Canada,and US.Iran is in the works for direct assault,and Russian Federation could be target as well.Wake up the bear.

Commander 31.08.2013 12:59

United States President Obama desires to punish Syria by causing
the deaths of Syrians and even more destruction to their communities and infrastructure. This is what Washington continually did to the indigenous people of North America. The US Cavalry continually punished them.

The attacks on Syrians will be ordered by America's first black president. Unbelievable!

Alex 31.08.2013 12:56

What President Putin is expressing,makes a lot of sense,and President Obama will not assault Syria.Syria is under assault already,but is winning against rebels.

Proud Atheist 31.08.2013 12:56

Russia should defend its interests in the region. It has NO other choice. If terrorists win, Qaeda will be on the door steps of Russia.

Mre Kim Ovsaak 31.08.2013 12:55

Now all should sit together and work out who used the WMD, how to solve the problem in Syria and once and forever get the Palestine-Israeli problem solved. I also strongly believe that some International media channels (such as BBC) should be completely nationalized.

Mre Kim Ovsaak 31.08.2013 12:55

I am delighted that the decision is left after the UN and international community. Thanks to all of you Mr. Putin, British MPs and Mr. Obama. Under such a tremendous pressure all you made right decisions: Putin – constantly enforcing the International law; British MPs – saying no to bombing of Syria and Obama – for doing nothing and carefully weighting all pros and cons. I admire Putin as much as I admire Obama. While Mr. Putin has guts to tell the truth, Mr. Obama remains decisive despite the enormous pressure from warmongers of the US doing everything to get the world into Apocalypses.

RichardD 31.08.2013 12:54

Mr. Putin is a voice of reason and sanity in stark contrast to the embarrassing behavior of NATO/GCC leaders fueling this conflict with foreign aggression.

The fact that there has been no conclusive evidence submitted to the security council should clearly illustrate the fact that it doesn't exist, and that the entire operation is a sham.

ProveIt 31.08.2013 12:41

I am a loyal American - but the politicians have been destroying this county. Obama is a self-centered egotist . When the tomahawks fly he will get the same sadistic thrill as a rapist does. A strike will make things worse. It is a problem the Arab world needs to address.

jglassel27 31.08.2013 12:38

I am a 60 year old American. I, like most of my countrymen have received years of "political education" about Russians during the Cold War and beyond.

We hear more lies than truth, in the USA it seems.

Hist ory needs to be rewritten. I would not believe Syria conducted this chemical attack unless Assad came to my lawnmower shop in Ramsey, MN and personally admitted responsibility.

After the deception of 911 and the Boston Bombing, I cannot believe anything my (US) government says.

All Putin is saying, "is give peace a chance." On the world stage, only Putin is saying, "show us the beef (evidence)."

Chandrasena Pandithage 31.08.2013 12:36

We see President Vladimir Putin as shadow to Asia and Eastern Europe. We need him to build up a organization call United Euro- Asaian Organization to face against Imperialism.

jglassel27 31.08.2013 12:27

[quote name='Kram Erol Santiago' time='31.08.2013 12:05']Ephesians 6:12-18
New International Version (NIV)

The Apostle Paul knew 2,000 years ago that we (mankind) have one single common enemy. Paul was likely a Gnostic. The Authorities or Archons may be a metaphor for the evil that creeps into anyone wishing to control another. Power corrupts. The bigger the government, the more corrupt it will become!

Khalid Lahul 31.08.2013 12:24

Justice for victims in august 21.. The UMMAH should be as ONE.

Douglas Lund 31.08.2013 12:19

Thank God for Sanity brought to the table on Syria by Parliament. 1) Why doesn't America admit they USED chemical weapons in Iraq.
2) Why doesn't America ADMIT they SOLD chemical weapons to Iraq to use against Iran and Murdered millions of Iranians Courtesy of Cheney and Rumsfeld.
Now they are Spouting about being Holier than thou about Bombing Syria, yet they don't have any solid evidence on WHO used the weapons in Syria?? Here we go again WMD in Iraq and giving weapons to Al Quaida in Syria.

They think we are all as Stupid as they are. Obama is a Proven Liar why is it Common Sense that Assad used WMD's

rogirl 31.08.2013 12:17

I drink a martini to toast President Putini. Thank you President Putin for standing very firm on difficult diplomatic ground you are indeed a true world hero.

Perdoni 31.08.2013 12:15

Ya right Mr Russia ... this from a man who has caused pain and suffering in his own country by the passing of cretinous laws .

sandra 31.08.2013 12:12

Putin is amazing.

NickF 31.08.2013 12:12

Hopefully president Putin's words will wake up peoples and their leaders that the only way is to go with UNITED NATIONS ! Mistakes of WW2 should not repeat again ! It was a hard way for humanity to learn.
Unilateral action of US is a BIG MISTAKE.
Cooperation of Nations in United Nations is the ONLY WAY.

Salahudin Ayubi 31.08.2013 12:12

Great response Mr. Putin. Obama the slave is under pressure from Jevvs to take out Assad , so that Israel can feel safe..

Camilla Wirén 31.08.2013 12:08

I start to like Putin!

Kram Erol Santiago 31.08.2013 12:05

Ephesians 6:12-18
New International Version (NIV)
12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.

Douglas Lund 31.08.2013 12:05

Thank God For Sanity in British Parliament. What is never Mentioned by the War Mongering Americans is 1) They don't admit to their use of Chemical Weapons in Iraq which has left behind disgusting damage. 2) Why do Americans NEVER

gigialdred 31.08.2013 12:05

Thank you Putin for telling those who will listen - These evil lying cowardly mongrels -Obomba- Kerry - Cameron and Hollande must be exposed
Putin a decent, clever, honest leader who has so much
credibility in this world - The world needs you real bad Mr Putin

Robert Nita 31.08.2013 12:03

I am glad somonone finally sated this at an official level

Kenneth T. Tellis 31.08.2013 12:02

Will the U.S. Call upon Colin Powell to give another one of those make believe Mushroom Cloud stories to the U.N. ? After even Jon Kerry's Fast Boat story was a falsehood.
But the joke is now Britain is his his bad books because it would not take part in his maniacal attackSyria and France did. John get youself a job where you can tell more Fairy Tales please, because you are running out of materials.

gigialdred 31.08.2013 11:58

Dobrin Hlebarov 31.08.2013 11:30

There was a blind woman from my country, that could see things, other people couldn't. She said sometime in the 70s, that there will be third world war and it will start from Syria. Russians know who she is, western people don't. Well it is happening and we knew it long ago.
The name is Vanga - granny Vanga. Pay respect and try to avoid the prophecy ...

Th ank you for sharing I have heard about this lady

Gerr 31.08.2013 11:56

Obama is under pressure from the zionists... As for the French, they've already sold their souls to the Saudis and the Qataris (lots of Gulf money being invested in France lately!)

Keith Bosthen 31.08.2013 11:53

Does anybody else wondering how in heck did Obama won the Nobel peace prize? Something smells fishy here..

john rush 31.08.2013 11:48

Putin is absolutely right. This is american provocation.

Arming cannibals did not bring results. America wants to fight for the cannibals.

Obama and Kerry are disgrace. It looks as if their lives depended on how many people they kill.

bremont Alfredo 31.08.2013 11:45

hitler dislike communism, russia is no longer a communist nation however america is run by the Nazi SS, enterprise! the aim is ethnic cleansing, kill all arabs is the first target, them blacks and them yellow men and jews, more effective than crematoriums, as well women so they do not reproduce and children's. because they grow to be adults. so don't worry is just an ethnic cleansing war like viet-nam..

Camilla Wirén 31.08.2013 11:44

Obama can go to h*ll if he attacks Syria. I used to like the guy but not anymore. Hands off Syria! Hands off the Middle East!

Stop the war mongers! We the people of the world can make a difference!

Peace and Love to Syria and the rest of the world from Sweden!

jack dick 31.08.2013 11:39

Obama is acting like a two year old, I drew my Red Line and I going to hurt you Assad, furthermore he has no proof. I cannot believe Assad is that dumb.

Dobrin Hlebarov 31.08.2013 11:30

The name is Vanga - granny Vanga. Pay respect and try to avoid the prophecy ...

Arrow Time 31.08.2013 11:30

In the Last 6 months UN Investigators have concluded that “Western Back Terrorist” are responsible for two chemical attacks on the Syrian People. In May 2013, rebels possessing 2 kg of sarin gas were arrested in Turkey trying to smuggle the nerve gas from Libya to Syria where they planned to use the gas on Syrian Nationals. Where do they get those gases and who is just supporting or delivering those kind of gases to the rebels?

Zobel Amar 31.08.2013 11:30

UN should say : "North American don't have the capability to have a rational thinking"

Charlie 31.08.2013 11:25

When Israel used chemical weapons on innocent people in GAZA by means of White Phosphuras , where was the world then & it seems the USA has plenty of puppets , while the UK falls out , France picks up the tab even though 68% French oppose . & I feel me Putin is right if the Americans have evidence then show us , do they expect the world to trust them after the Iraq lies . Every war is easy to start but has the west considered an exit statergy , Iraq ,Afganistan ,Libya . Is no safer than when there previous governments where in charge ?,but that's ok the OIL is flowing, China & Russia it's time to stop being sidelined

Zobel Amar 31.08.2013 11:24

Elect Resist 31.08.2013 11:10

Putin Is a venerable President.

Putin is more than à President .
He deserve Nobel Price for his action for peace and the keeping of morality and human dignity.....
Rus sians are lucky to have such a great man.
In France , unfortunatly , we have a coward , spineless , carrying sh... in his trousser.
Hope Marine Le Pen come to Office soon..

sine cura 31.08.2013 11:24

ONU says "We assess the Syrian opposition does not have the capability to fabricate all of the videos,..."

I've a smartphone and I can fabricate all the videos I desire. yeeeaahhh I'm lucky possesor of future technology

maybe US have to send them some iphone next time

Nalliah Thayabharan 31.08.2013 11:22

Syria has become a prime front for al Qaeda originally created by CIA. The Al Nusrah Front have had more than 10,000 fighters at the end of 2012; not including 3,000 Free Syrian Army fighters who have defected to the Al Nusrah Front as of the beginning of May. and not including Muhajireen Army, led by a Chechen commander and is closely allied to the Al Nusrah Front. By early 2013, the Al Nusrah Front had imposed sharia, law, in Aleppo. and vast areas of eastern Syria under its control.
Now to support al Qaeda, Barack Hussein Obama wants to bomb Syria to bring Syrians under al Qaeda and its Sharia Law.

rogirl 31.08.2013 11:19

President Putin is so right again in stresing the fact that the US should present its supposed evidence to security council. Well saidPresident Putin, the world salutes you.

Zobel Amar 31.08.2013 11:18

Russian also have satellite images of the attack.....but they reached different conclusion....

Zobel Amar 31.08.2013 11:14

They say they have "evidences" ;.......
Colin Powel also had evidences in his little vial......

Geoff King 31.08.2013 11:12

The telephone intercepts, real or not, are just the NSAs way of saying: See, our spying on everyone on the planet is a good thing.

Elect Resist 31.08.2013 11:12

Zobel Amar 31.08.2013 11:05

Bush....Obama ....sam e rubbish material...

I agree in this one.
and I add Bush is also a war criminal.

Elect Resist 31.08.2013 11:10

Putin Is a venerable President.

Zobel Amar 31.08.2013 11:08

"They have telephone intercept"..... ...
"Teleph one intercept"? .....Like they did from their "allies" according to Wikileak....
The US are the worse financial terrorist on the earth.....

Elect Resist 31.08.2013 11:08

Zobel Amar 31.08.2013 10:59

President Putin should collect evidence of use of chemical weapon by Al Qaida sponsored rebels.....Carla Del Ponte can provide such evidences of use of CW by them....
And then launch an attack on rebel position until completely distroyed.....
I f President Putin don't do so , Russia will have huge problem with islamis terrorist in Caucasus.

this nonsense.

Elect Resist 31.08.2013 11:08

@Zobel Amar
complete disagreement in your utter nonsense. Russia should not intervene in syria either, the only solution is that Saudi Arabia and Turkey should not support and fund terrorism. This ongoing war wouldn't have prevailed in the first place without the support of Turkey and Saud..

Geoff King 31.08.2013 11:07

Brian Wills 31.08.2013 11:01

They said they had telephone intercepts, so where are they??

I wouldn't believe the phone calls anyway, they are too easy to fake. They also said they have satellite images of where and when the missiles were launched with the chemical weapons. Where are those pictures? They would be real hard to fake.

Zobel Amar 31.08.2013 11:05

Bush....Obama....sam e rubbish material...

Emmanuel Chendo 31.08.2013 11:02

Zobel Amar 31.08.2013 10:53

"MUST present"....... ..not "Should".. ....

well guess its "Should present", if US will have to attack Syria......otherwise they keep that to themself, no one needs the garbage intelligence.

Brian Wills 31.08.2013 11:01

They said they had telephone intercepts, so where are they?? Is Pinochoccio mift that his nose grew and no one noticed! hahaha

Zobel Amar 31.08.2013 10:59

And then launch an attack on rebel position until completely distroyed.....

Geoff King 31.08.2013 10:56

As an American I am outraged that my government would even consider aiding the Al Qaeda backed rebels by attacking Assad, no matter what he did. I still remember 9/11. The only action that makes sense is none at all. It's not like the depleated uranium weapons we will use are a lot healthier than chemical weapons.

Reggie Roning 31.08.2013 10:52

When are we going to punish Obama and his preceders for a “brutal and flagrant” attack on may countries the last 100+ years.

Mike Troy 31.08.2013 10:52

The USA and this Tory UK government have been looking for an excuse to get into Syria since the conflict started. It is my opinion that there were western intelligence forces involved in this horrible chemical attack to make it look bad for Bashar al-Assad. The Tory warmongers in the UK are now raging mad because they were defeated in parliament. Obama and his crew are full of lies, basically stating that the United Nations are just a self opinionated body and the USA has all the real answers. What a load of BS from the USA.

Mohsin Siddiqui 31.08.2013 10:45

If Russia cant stop the US then they better start preparing for terrorism in Chechnya etc because Syria will become al qaeda's HQ.

Guvani Bellini 31.08.2013 10:28

GO Putin..............
IS this the same intelligence agency gave information in Iraq war from Niger embassy...world affair made joke..How can we have responsible world affair and safe world with kindergarten fake intelligence USA going war...Why media doesn't say anything?People keep complaining Hitler but never criticizes current killing kids and civilian just for their ineterst

Sofianec 31.08.2013 10:26

The so-called "unquestionable " Israeli intelligence is nothing more than a fuzzy conversation over a bad phone line with men speaking Arabic talking 'bout some stuff. I mean seriously how difficult is it to have 2 Arabic voice actors to do a script and then tape it and make it sound/look genuine.

Re member the aerial picture photo of Saddam's alleged WMD that Rumsfeld showed to the world - not only it was a badly manufactured fake but that was THE EVIDENCE. All of it.

rt+ 31.08.2013 10:24

It is against Russia security interest to allow US intervention outside its borders. Every time they attack countries they come close to Russia, today Russia is being surrounded. If Russia did same thing US would threaten with nukes calling "national security". Putin should flex some muscle since US has more to lose in a conflict with US. Push US back to 1950 border.

Corbis 31.08.2013 10:22

donriver 31.08.2013 10:19

Obama won't present the evidence because he has to save face and Syrians must die for him! Disgusting leader!

Sadly, yes

donriver 31.08.2013 10:19

Darlington Osei 31.08.2013 10:16

obama should understand the fact that he has been greatly isolated when it come to syria.even the arb league and its criminal gulf regimes r allsilent of the fear of de consequencies of it

Corbis 31.08.2013 10:16

According to Kerry, Israeli intelligence 'intercepted Syrian regime talk about chemical attack'. The question is, how reliable is israeli intelligence agency? Show it to the world!

Corbis 31.08.2013 10:11

Good to hear from Putin!

Paul 31.08.2013 10:09

If the US strikes Syria what will be discussed more at the G20 would be "Syria" for every one to get behind in creating some sort of deal for peace.

PJ Butler 31.08.2013 10:05

What the US released, of their proof, would be a stretch to believe even if you were from Kenya

Wayne 31.08.2013 10:03

who's right ... so many different views - we need peace everywhere - we are war hungry it seams