Snowden granted 1-year asylum in Russia, leaves airport (PHOTOS)

01.08.2013 11:44

NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden has been granted temporary asylum in Russia and is allowed to enter the country’s territory.

Comments (267) Sort by: Highest rating Oldest first Newest first

Lawrence Henni 04.08.2013 14:56

Are ideas and materials vital to sustain, obtain and maintain rights have an indistinguishable quality as natural law free to all humankind? How will humankind benefit if activities competitors of the legal structure and/or ideology are secretly monitored and collaborately restricted and unjustly attacked or roadblocked? Lawrence Henni

Lawrence Henni 04.08.2013 14:53

Exclusive rights legally granted to indviduals and/or organizations for tangible and/or intangible materials may be causing rights violations to masses of humans. Anyone conducting private and/or public activities with these vital ideas and/or materials to benefit increases for all humankind may be in direct and obvious competition with legal structures granting exclusive rights for these same ideas.

Robert Hawes 04.08.2013 11:06

I just don't understand it. What is Obuma's problem...If it was our "Great Leder" President Reagan...he would have called the Russians...and they would have turned him over. It is the difference of having gonads or none. Sad, so sad.....our current government.

freedom for everyone 03.08.2013 08:26

Ricky Hofacker,
mate ,
your totally right , I second your opinion!

Don Baxley 03.08.2013 07:42

What's wrong with you people? He reported no crime! Maybe you do not agree with what our government was doing, (I do), but does that give you the right to leak the information to our adversaries? What if he leaked something you felt should have remained secret? Pretty soon anyone who thinks he is the judge and jury will be leaking all kinds of stuff. Then What?

Ricky Hofacker 03.08.2013 04:37

I can't say I like Russia in principal since I grew up during the COLD WAR here in the USA.
But in this case I'd like to Thank Russia for taking Mr. Snowden.
As I believe he is trying to do good for this country and Russia certainly is the safest place for him.
I can no longer really down Russia for the way they are as my own country is rapidly becoming worse then the Germany in WW2.

Leon Welch 03.08.2013 04:29

How can it be right to convice or condem a person for reporting a crime?

Tim Tribbett 03.08.2013 04:15

Powerful story on the news tonight about the Russian rounding up openly practicing homosexuals. Mr Snowden enjoy your new found freedom. I also hear that the traitor misses his girlfriend. So sad, too bad.

twiz1 02.08.2013 16:44

twiz1 02.08.2013 16:43

Ye ah because with an almost $17 BILLION dollar deficit this would be a good use of government funds. To assasinate a US citizen without due process. I support the use of the XKeyscore and Prism, but only to root out federal waste and corruption. Actually I support its use with someone like Snowden as the oversight authority. Otherwise I don't trust the US government with my healthcare, my privacy, etc etc etc.

So rry...I meant TRILLION!!!

twiz1 02.08.2013 16:43

James Katt 02.08.2013 14:59

All the US has to do is to put a $10 Million Bounty on Snowden and someone will enterprisingly capture Snowden, dead or alive, for the US.

Simple.

guadalupejoe 02.08.2013 15:22

James Katt 02.08.2013 14:59

Simple.

Ye ah that pretty much sums up the US mentality today. Little wonder the world hates your guts pal.

James Katt 02.08.2013 14:59

Simple.

Unbiased Observer 02.08.2013 14:23

Tommy Drew 02.08.2013 11:26

Snoden....IS. ...as traitor. I hope he enjoys his new country.

ou r great and wonderful president he has NO respect from leaders around the world

Snowden IS a hero and the entire world knows it, except for you and your dictatoral US leadership.

To be a great and wonderful president you have to earn that respect. Most world leaders now realize that the US is just a puffed up paper tiger in on its last legs.

Tommy Drew 02.08.2013 12:55

[quote name='Tommy Drew' time='02.08.2013 12:49']javyta

I would like to visit Russia...REALLY....b ut I am blessed to have been born in the U.S. I am 61, and can truly see our past and present faults. It's sad that the present government hasn't learned from our past!

Despi te our many failures, I can also see the GREAT things that our country has done around the world.

I also think that in this day of electronics, that every country spies on every other country.

No thing is private anymore....the only way to be private is to go off the "grid".... if that is possible

[/ quote]

Tommy Drew 02.08.2013 12:49

javyta

Nabeel Sowan 02.08.2013 12:37

Currently, the US is like a little dog, barking at everyone, but with very little money or power to back up any of its' threats since Dubya & Obama have spent it all. And so far, Russia seems to be the only country that aware of this.
Everyone else is drinking their kool-aid and scared out of their wits.
It also explains the Palestine "peace"-pr ocess; the US needs free PR so badly that they will go to any lengths to get it.

Ann Lou 02.08.2013 12:28

Watched cnn about this and y does no one talk about all the extraditions request us has denied Russia