‘Hands off’: Syrians form human shields outside possible US strike targets

04.09.2013 05:00

As the US Congress inches closer to a decision on a military strike on Syria, citing allegations that Assad forces used chemical weapons against the civilian population, activists in Damascus are stepping up their protest against possible attacks.

Comments (54) Sort by: Highest rating Oldest first Newest first

Kyle Ivie 05.09.2013 15:21

Marufur Rahman 05.09.2013 15:01

you don't say! It's been long since I actually decided to have celebration with feast once that happens (not lying)...because I dream of such a day. And the best wet-dream for me on this aspect is to see a start of a bloody civil-war in USA.

^^ kinda creepin me out with the wet dream stuff, but yea it would be nice to have our country back.

Marufur Rahman 05.09.2013 15:01

Varun Gupta 04.09.2013 12:47

im afraid the time will come when america falls..and there will only be celebration...and no remorse from the international community.

Marufur Rahman 05.09.2013 14:41

Robert Kimble 05.09.2013 00:02

I only expect 2 pple to understand wat I'm bout to write, Obama and Putin. I've been on various channels this week with God, The Creator and his exact words were if any outside force attacks Syria, then they will be evaporated. Evrything points that the cabal .........  Obama, your progress is pathetic and even the great Drake agrees "what were the Galactic Federation High Council thinking when they put Obama in charge of this mission." Obama, the cabal has your nuts in a vice grip.

May i suggest you to shove your bullshit into somewhere more appropriate

leon Angelopoulos 05.09.2013 13:19

The cabal have really got a hold on the media in Australia, the news channels depict a different picture and mostly the opposite story to what I find elsewhere around the world. This is Propaganda and population control at its finest. I have to search around the world just to find some "Real News" Rupert Murdoch and his team are hard at work, even deceiving the public with the polls for our upcoming election, no doubt he will have some influence in who wins this weekend.
God Bless the innocent Syrian people, be strong you have Russia and the majority of the world supporting you!

Lord Anonymous 05.09.2013 05:40

It's thier country. US has no right to kill them on thier soil. I'd like to ask the syrian oppositions abroad. This is your country. Stop US to protect your motherland.

Robert Kimble 05.09.2013 00:02

I only expect 2 people to understand what I'm about to write, Obama and Putin. I've been on various channels this week with God, The Creator and his exact words were if any outside force attacks Syria, then they will be evaporated. Everything points that the cabal is still totally in control of Obama and US government. I admire Mr. Putin because the cabal is out of Russia and he does the right thing. Obama, your progress is pathetic and even the great Drake agrees "what were the Galactic Federation High Council thinking when they put Obama in charge of this mission." Obama, the cabal has your nuts in a vice grip.

vic 04.09.2013 23:45

USrael wants to eliminate Iran and Hezzbolah but in order to get to them they need to finish off Syria.

Commander 04.09.2013 23:21

[quote name='vann.tedd' time='04.09.2013 20:57']quote... "What would happen if thousands and more from the EU & USA went to Syria joined in the Human Shield? Would this alter the course of history enabling a new economic model?"

Civilians moving to Syria from all the world to become human shields definitively will create a major world movement and pressure US and others.......[/quote ]

This is a wonderful idea. A movement like this may be the only hope for the world.

We must remember: There is only one thing the governments fear and that is THE PEOPLE.

Iain Collins 04.09.2013 22:44

It seems a lot of people don't know what's going on here.

This a pro-Iran, pro-Hezbollah (and anti-Israeli) group, it's *NOT* a peace movement or just an anti-US involvement group, it's an explicitly and openly pro-Assad group. They are partisan and sectarian.

These are are not advocates for peace. Be very clear, they say they want Assad's forces to win against the rebels.

The re is nothing heartwarming about their display, people like this - on both sides - are the enemies of peace.

I too would like to see a non-partisan peace movement that straddled both sides, but it's not any of these people.

Anne Beckett 04.09.2013 21:57

Wonderful to see #Syrians standing up! @BarackObama, #HANDSoffSYRIA!

Giant Robo 04.09.2013 21:53

These poor Syrians. Thank you RT for telling their story. Syrians just want their nation to not be destroyed by USA. Unfortunately Obama will happily murder all the people you see here with signs... and then he will kill millions more. Obama will do any vile thing to prove he is a loyal servant of America's dear leader Netanyahu. Of course Zionist media monopoly will never tell the reality of Syrian people's story. Keeping Americans ignorant is essential for Ersatz Israel.

Warren Neasmith 04.09.2013 21:47

This is one of the best stories I have read; raises my chin, widens my eyes and makes the hairs on my arms stand up right.
People can make a difference and not just a difference, they can turn the tide of what seems an inevitable tsunami of destruction brought by cruise missiles and smart bombs.
This article must be shown to everyone you know on every type of media; as it is this that will ensure the People of Syria are given a chance to expel the Rebels (foreign fighters in most cases) and rebuild their lives again.
It would be impossible for any kind of action from the west if the public is made aware of this.

Dubstp Kote 04.09.2013 21:42

Much more civilized and devoted people than the so called "rebels"

Robbin Banks 04.09.2013 21:34

Odessa who gives a stuff about your lies and advertising? You should be sat in Syria. B