Humiliation: Ukrainian MP & thugs beat state TV Channel head into resigning (VIDEO)

18.03.2014 21:17

A Ukrainian nationalist MP assisted by a group of helpers abused and threatened interim head of Ukraine’s National TV. They accused him of being anti-Ukrainian and bullied him into signing his resignation, claiming to be members of a new media regulator.

Comments (119) Sort by: Highest rating Oldest first Newest first

Rose215 25.03.2014 02:33

Daniel Jones 19.03.2014 16:04

There is a huge difference - far left doesnt use violence in the protest - see Civil Right movement(MLK) Ghandhi.

Of course they do. Would you not call the Bolsheviks "far left"? It is important to realize that in the realm of extremism, the usual political alignment of left / right does not pertain. There is the left . . . there is the right . . . and then there are extremists.

Terry Ross 22.03.2014 11:19

Dmitrii 20.03.2014 22:44

Your ideas have been expressed more clearly than many who ARE English speaking. Yes, some people seem to have a 1950's view of Russia and this is mainly the fault of the western media.

I get CNN but I never bother to watch it as there is very little news and LOADS of commentary. I don't want to be told what to think. Just give me the facts, ALL of them.

paradox 21.03.2014 04:16

Looks like Ukrainians now have a very angry set of people ruling them. History is witness that a country ruled by angry people is destined to fell, and fell very hard. Ukrainians you are good people with great history, get rid of those thugs and the sooner the better.

Bobby Gray 20.03.2014 23:50

State worshipers should be beaten.

Dmitrii 20.03.2014 22:48

Only the person who never was in Russia can speak about censorship. Russians have access to all mass media in the world, and you have? Besides many commentators forget about that that in Russia and in Ukraine tens of thousands of mixed families, ask any Russian, he surely will have relatives in Ukraine. It not two people, are one people divided by border. Natives from the Western Ukraine have no relation to these people, they always kept separately. Especially I am surprised by Poles as you can support benderovets? If you forgot that they with you did, I to you now will refresh memory.

Dmitrii 20.03.2014 22:44

Not really well I know English, I read by means of the dictionary :) I ask to excuse for spelling errors, but some comments me very much revolt. Really in Europe and the USA didn't remain thinking people? I don't trust in it, have to be. Well good, we are bad, Russia is a world evil, but it is impossible to deny the obvious. Very is a lot of words about censorship in Russia, but it is ravings of a madman. I live in Russia, I read news of CNN and the BBC, I read The Washington Post, The New York Times, and it is a lot of other editions. About what censorship you speak?

DMTI 20.03.2014 20:42

I know the man being harassed in the video, he was brutally beaten up taken outside the building where he faced another mob attack heavily bleeding, he was then pushed into a boot of a jeep and taken to an unknown location. See the internet for more detailed info. The same thugs began a fight in RADA. These are mutants Yanukovich was an angel compared to this crew. If they run a vote right now in Ukraine asking weather they want to go forward with these people or go back to how it was 6 months ago it would be obvious what the people would choose. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction...

Макс С. 20.03.2014 18:30

In the video above, pause at 2:43 ... that's him on the right behind Kletchko.

Макс С. 20.03.2014 12:58

[quote name='Jake Cowton' time='20.03.2014 12:23']A quote from the Huffington Post: "Form er heavyweight boxer, and Ukrainian presidential candidate called the attack "savage" and said the MP must be punished. "All Svoboda MPs who resorted to force should vacate their seats," he said. "Ukraine does not need political looters."[/quot e]

Kletchko actually said that? Very funny, because that guy in the video with a pony is in fact Kletchko's bodyguard, and can you guess who sent him?

Jake Cowton 20.03.2014 12:23

A quote from the Huffington Post:

GORMAN 20.03.2014 07:06

A look at Svoboda should have everyone, not only Israel, very concerned. If Ukraine had not introduced the bill to ban Russian language, allow Nazi symbols, then the Russians may not have acted. I do not believe they had any choice but to act. If this situation is not handled very carefully by the West then we could all have a problem with Svoboda gaining a hold on power. Crimea is not the main issue here.

GORMAN 20.03.2014 07:04

You only have to look at the bills voted by the Ukrainian Parliament on 23 February . These bills gave Russia support for the action they have taken. Does the West really want to go down in history as supporting the resurrection of the 3rd Reich, read 4th??

Sergey 20.03.2014 01:53

It's not that we like the new goverment.. It's just the old one was so corrupt. Here's hoping that the newly elected president and other goverment officials will not be greedy or crazy. Pray for Ukraine!

Itay Komorovski 20.03.2014 01:03

I never been a fun of Putin!! BUT......He is totally right in regard to the situation is Ukraine!!! The USA and it pupet president Barak Hussein Obama lost it way......The free world should be very worry!!

Remus Ionut Otelita 20.03.2014 00:49

I have to mention I did not read the article here, the images speak more than words. I am not taking sides.

Remus Ionut Otelita 20.03.2014 00:44

A very hard blow to the new regime in Ukraine. How you can still believe that the far right is not doing pretty much whatever they want in that country??? A bunch of idiots (and MP's!!!!) make a guy sign a resignation, and nothing happens to them. Probably the guy is to scared for his life to admit that he was forced to do it. Very sad to see this, it will make quite a few people in U.E to change their minds about how democracy works in that country.

Filip Zivkovic 19.03.2014 23:53

uCro 19.03.2014 16:44

never saw any swastika in Kiev. beating people in front of camera doesn't make anyone nazi. Nazism is ideology, and that kind of ideology can be seen especially in Russia. RT is just a propaganda machine in service of neonazistic politics lead by Putin.

If i am correct Croatia was a nazi-lead government in the 30's and 40's under the Ustase Regime, Croatian nationalist still today call themselfs Ustase and call for the execution of Serbs so i suggest you clean your own garden before calling russians fascist.

Olga Popova 19.03.2014 23:44

"democracy" ; in Ukraine

Nick Proctor 19.03.2014 22:08

How can I share this on my Timeline? BBC on line has a link to a 1.47 min. clip of this "thuggery" but when one clicks on the link a message appears that "The content doesn't seem to be working. Please try again later". I shall Share that clip to my Timeline and direct readers to RT clip! The description of the attack remains in their report.