‘Against the interest of mankind’: US abuses position of world power with mass surveillance

22.10.2013 23:00

The abuse of surveillance power makes it clear the US should be stripped of its exclusive rights to control and monitor world information, and financial regulation, the former French Prime Minister Dominique de Villepin told RT.

Comments (9) Sort by: Highest rating Oldest first Newest first

Liam Wilson 03.11.2013 20:19

Paul I salute you.

Mark Toth 03.11.2013 11:29

These people that run this government in the US today violate every human right that thet can,on a worldwide basis,they are all terrorists in my book,belong in Gitmo!

Freesaxon 01.11.2013 23:37

The USofA is the tip of the corrupt iceberg,
(not the people OF the USofA)

All it’s drone satellite countries are just as bad, ALL want to be `little USofA’s’

And this is the so called `free world'

NSA_BOT 30.10.2013 12:02

Chris Riley 26.10.2013 04:07

A few places in USA that the citizens would roll over and go back to sleep if world leaders bombed them. NSA and Monsanto.

Wh at do you mean a few? We're the most unnecessarily complacent country in the world.

paul flood 29.10.2013 12:08

The U.S is one of only a few countries I never want to visit. I would rather go to Russia and probably will . I don't eat Mc Donalds or drink coke, in fact I try not to purchase anything from the worst country on Earth. The NSA can track my info ,I really couldn't care.

Max 26.10.2013 23:06

(via Radio NZ)

A law professor says the Crown is unlikely to retrieve $1.2 million in damages from activists who broke into the Waihopai spy base.

[...]

Damage to one of the domes at the Waihopai defence area satellite spy station.

In 2010 a jury acquitted the three on criminal charges, but the Crown then took civil action against them.

Auckl and University law professor Bill Hodge wonders why the Crown is pursuing the case, since he says none of the men have many assets.

Chris Riley 26.10.2013 04:07

Anthony 25.10.2013 00:58

I wish Russia or some other soveriegnty would strike the NSA offices and leave their campus a smoldering hulk.

Susinko 23.10.2013 12:18

"Well, I believe that for many people in the US this was normal; they keep saying that this is legal, that the US has the right abroad to utilize such techniques..."

I don't know what Americans the former French Prime Minister Dominique de Villepin talked to. NO ONE I know of in the United States thinks this is okay. I know I certainly don't think it is okay. It's not okay to do what the NSA is doing. The government just doesn't care.