Vast majority of Russians oppose gay marriage and gay pride events – poll

12.03.2013 07:20

As the Russian parliament prepares for its second reading of a nationwide ban on ‘gay propaganda’ to minors, polls show that an overwhelming majority of Russians oppose both same-sex marriage and gay pride events.

Comments (197) Sort by: Highest rating Oldest first Newest first

Steve Brown 04.04.2014 03:55

The original diagnostic and statistical manual (DSM), released in 1952, listed homosexuality as a sociopathic personality disturbance. The connection between the two was subsequently removed due to protests from the gay community that homosexuality was being equated with sociopathy.

Ricardo Koch 30.03.2014 10:55

I join the oppinion of the majority of the russian people, and absolutely nothing can or will change my mind on this topic. Even when Jesus Crist, my lord and savior will try to convence me about the opposite, Ill nail him back to his cross and put the cross on fire. Not important how long the media here in the west makes brainwashing in favor of pervertion, we will not succumb. NEVER!

Goggles313 24.03.2014 15:30

Len Treeman 16.03.2014 03:49

The homosexual mafia is the most intolerant of any group in the world ... they demand you not only accept them and approve of them, but you must allow them to corrupt your children in schools.

Ke ep them in the dark recesses of society where they belong.

Perfect example of a victimization complex. You believe that just because another people are fighting for the rights they deserve as humans, they're somehow oppressing and attacking YOU.

Goggles313 24.03.2014 15:28

Of course they all oppose it. Their ulta-conservative-ch ristian-government is filling their heads with nonstop bullshit propaganda, painting gays as these perverted rapists that they simply aren't.

Len Treeman 16.03.2014 03:49

I am very happy to see the Russian people taking a firm stand against this disgusting moral perversion that spreads like a cancer in society once you give them an inch of concession.

Ke ep them in the dark recesses of society where they belong.

John Feldmann 15.03.2014 20:52

Ron51 13.03.2014 19:46

I am Russian and I don't have anything against Gays, but gay marriage, gay prides? -NO NO and NO!! I don't want to see any males who kissing each other on the streets, for me things like that disgusting. Actually wouldn't mind if two females kiss each other and...more, BUT only if I am between of them... yea Babe ;)

I hope this is a satire lampooning the hypocrisy of those males who are anti-gay, but enjoy lesbianism for their own selfish gratification. The mark of a reasonable society is one that does not base its laws on personal preference.

Ron51 13.03.2014 20:17

John Huey 24.12.2013 06:35

I have saved many people from slavery and suicide because of my logic and hard work, while you all squabble over your self hatred and wallow in your darkness!! God is gay and straight. God is a man and a woman. God isn't limited to all of your hatred and ignorance. Gay marriage and gay rights are a good thing. A god that does not support the rights of the people he made would be a false god.

&q uot;God is gay"? ... dude, what are you smoking? Share with me looks like nice thing ;)

Ron51 13.03.2014 19:46

Marcus N 13.03.2014 09:05

Cody O'Neill 08.03.2014 05:20

How was 100% of the Russian population surveyed for their opinion? etc.,etc.,etc.,That last comment is a very strong remark...why would any legitimate social survey even list that as an option?

You know how the west can show support for LGBT people In Russia? Call you congress creature and demand that the US stop staging coup d'etas in the Republics of the Federation -it makes people very hostile, to what they perceive as western culture- like rainbow parades

Marcus N 13.03.2014 09:01

Rick White 06.03.2014 07:09

"...the practical expression of faith is force."
- Ayn Rand, For The New Intellectual (Copyright1961)

It is OK for the mind to understand anything that can ever be understood but it is mathematically impossible to break anything as proof. It will only make the planet hotter, faster. I say many tenets of easter religion, when sought after, splinter Society/Labor as requisite for the looting of finite natural resources, including Labor.

WHAT ??

Cody O'Neill 08.03.2014 05:32

I cannot respect RT for suggesting in this article that human rights activists "ALLEGEDLY" ; aggressively promote values of the homosexual minority.
As with any oppressed population thoughout history, homosexuals ARE a minority in Russia, and if their rights are not represented in legislature, or when this demographic is not safe from the risk of harm (example: RISK OF EXECUTION as suggested in this article), I think it is very important that they, and human rights activists, promote advocacy for universal human rights within Russia. For people currently living in a state of oppression, this article does only harm.

Cody O'Neill 08.03.2014 05:20

How was 100% of the Russian population surveyed for their opinion? RT reports that "around 87%" of the Russian Population were strongly against a law that allows for gay marriage; and also that "5 percent" of respondents, believe that gay people should be exterminated. That last comment is a very strong remark...why would any legitimate social survey even list that as an option?

Rick White 06.03.2014 07:09

"...the practical expression of faith is force."
- Ayn Rand, For The New Intellectual (Copyright1961)

Edward Parker Ramey 06.03.2014 03:53

I really thought this article was from The Onion it is such a joke. Glad to see Russia is returning back to the same logic which put them 200 years behind the rest of the civilized world in the first place.

Darius Obuolys 04.03.2014 21:29

And that's how real democracy should look like - if 87% are agains fagot propaganda then it should be banned and not questioned again.

Johnny Dee 28.12.2013 13:33

In the West the 'homosexuality is normal & good' fallacy is promoted by the Frankfurt School Cultural Marxists & their stooges, fresh from the brainwashing factories, known as the Western Educational system. Why should Russians accept this type of liberal/Left brainwashing which was deliberately created to destroy the family & thus Western Civilization. With man-woman you get a lovely bouncing baby that the mother & father can love, cherish & raise & almost everyone that sees this baby falls in love with it. And when the baby grows up & has children of its own, they in turn, will look after the parents/grandparents .

John Huey 24.12.2013 06:35