The Russian Football Union (RFU) has developed a Code of Honor of Russian Football, issuing the document on its official website.
The document is designed for players, coaches, teams of workers, referees, inspectors, agents, fans, governors, club owners and presidents, members of the RFU and the professional leagues, as well as media bosses and journalists.
According to the code, any person involved in Russian Football, should follow 12 rules:
1. Understand the importance of football as a game developing and improving the human personality;
2. Understand and enact laws and rules of fair play;
3. Recognize the responsibility before their country, city, team, family, for their work, the level of dedication and devotion to the most beautiful and intelligent game;
4. Respect the opponent, win honorably, accept defeat with dignity;
5. Honor the traditions of their country, learn the culture of the people, respect the laws of hospitality in relation to the opponent, a representative of another culture and country, or a
fan from another city;
6. Love your family, city, team, remember the first coach, teacher, school;
7. Observe the traditional Russian community laws: mutual help, support, compassion, purity of thoughts and actions;
8. Know and respect the history of Russian football, participate in charity events, pay attention to the veterans of football;
9. Reject any manifestation of roughness, rudeness, verbal bullying on the football pitch and beyond, strictly follow the enforcement of the rules of speech;
10. Co-operate with the media, exercise tact and show respect towards the work of journalists;
11. Despise and reject corrupt ways of competition: match-fixing, bribery of judges, the application of methods of intimidation on judge and opponents, the use of prohibited drugs;
12. In the matches for the Russian national team, demonstrate a high spirit of patriotism, show full dedication; be worthy to bear the title of citizen of a great country and believe in victory.
By posting your comment, you agree to abide by our Posting rules