The leader of CSKA Moscow’s midfield, Alan Dzagoev, has been named among the world’s Top 10 most expensive young football players.
According to Futebol Finance, the 21-year-old’s transfer fee is currently estimated at €16-20 million, enough for him to grab tenth spot on the list.
Despite his young age, Dzagoev has been a regular in CSKA’s first-team squad since 2008, scoring 26 goals in 101 appearances for the club in different tournaments, including the UEFA Champions League.
He’s also an essential part of Russia’s national team, with 18 caps and four goals.
Meanwhile, the list of the most expensive players under 22 years old is topped by Brazilian prodigy Neymar of Santos.
German talent from Borussia Dortmund, Mario Götze, is in second, with Man City’s Italian troublemaker, Mario Balotelli right behind.
Top 10 world’s most expensive young footballers:
1. Neymar (Brazil, 19 years old, Santos) €30-55 million
2. Mario Götze (Germany, 19, Borussia Dortmund) €30-45 million
3. Mario Balotelli (Italy, 21, Manchester City) €30-40 million
4. Eden Hazard (Belgium, 21, Lille) €27-35 million
5. Jack Wilshere (England, 20, Arsenal) €22-30 million
6. Thiago Alcantara (Spain, 20, FC Barcelona) €20-30 million
7. Yann M’Vila (France, 21, Rennes) €20-25 million
8. Phil Jones (England, 20, Manchester United) €18-25 million
9. David de Gea (Spain, 21, Manchester United) €16-20 million
10. Alan Dzagoev (Russia, 21, CSKA Moscow) €16-20 million
By posting your comment, you agree to abide by our Posting rules