Texas student arrested after filming police traffic stops

03.03.2014 17:37

A University of Texas at San Antonio college student has reportedly pressed charges against a local law enforcement officer after she was arrested while recording a police speed trap with her cell phone.

Comments (22) Sort by: Highest rating Oldest first Newest first

Roc Lan 19.03.2014 18:50

Noot Milligan 04.03.2014 23:24

I was arrested in September because I was dancing "inappropriatel y" at my homecoming when it was just with my friend, nothing more. I didn't want to deal with the principal so I left and he had the police follow me and tackle me on the cement. Police are all the same.

I feel for you man. I hope things will get better in the future.

Noot Milligan 04.03.2014 23:24

Edmundo Santiago 04.03.2014 22:19

There was a time when people had the freedom to express themselves, either in tone ( louldy ) or in terms used ( rude comments ). But since the police state of Amerika is looking for a reason to turn anybody into a criminal ( because $$ is generated from citations and jail-time ), anyone with half a wit is considered a terrorist or an anti-government agitator.

S o be warned you grandmothers with an attitude or college students with a brain: be careful of the trained militants turned cops turned domestic terrorists with supposed authority! Keep your thoughts to yourself... it is not safe to be free anymore.

Joshua 04.03.2014 14:47

"You cannot make a law to protect freedoms and then add exceptions to it which include 'personal feelings' of the person who enforces it. If a man expresses a freedom and has broken no law, then no law has been broken and nothing should be done despite the situation. Once you add exceptions, then the entire law is void in the first place when the freedom cannot be expressed."

Joshua 04.03.2014 14:42

In a world that I vision in my mind that is good, A man can curse and even flip a police officer off and video tape him while declining to show his ID without a reasonable violation of the law and accusation , and the police officer would turn the other cheek and move on as he is hired to do his job and obey the rights and freedoms of the people and not the government police state or self pride of power and control.

Th ose who say the person deserved it and the officer should be allowed to break the law to take care of this "Trouble maker" who is expressing freedom of speech, deserves no freedoms at all.

Jaroslav Kral 04.03.2014 14:06

Ian Foster 04.03.2014 08:48

Then I watched the video! She is a troublemaker, and the cop was polite. She deserves all she got.

I agree. It was not about filming at all. That had nothing to do with that. Her bike was on the road. All deserved. If by freedom you mean being a stupid punk, then I am happy you are losing it. Even armed punks. You are a cocktail of disaster and it begins to boil.
My 5 cents, to your eased dollar.

Albert J Samuels 04.03.2014 09:06

Ian, you cockroach. Why is the officer coming to her and no the other way round!

The Officer wants to start, he started wrongly and no faces the AXE, haha. Hope he loses everything to his name. pig!

Its called Freedom, and freedom to walk/speak. I think you mother locked you up as a kid.

Ian, enjoy your life as it seems you dont have one. Governmt sucker, NWO, read it up.

Ian Foster 04.03.2014 08:48

Ian Foster 04.03.2014 08:43

A large court settlement ,then given to charity may help, although it will still be @ the taxpayers expense. , so ???
No: he needs to lose his job and have harrisment on his record.

Ian Foster 04.03.2014 08:43

No: he needs to lose his job and have harrisment on his record.

fran7 04.03.2014 07:07

This just goes to prove police are out to collect taxes via speed fines because a warning is obviously better than a fine e.g. If drivers are aware of the camera speed trap they wouldn't speed in the first place? So the student was helping road safety in that area by making drivers aware of the trap.

David Loescher 04.03.2014 04:51

All public servants should be required to wear video camera's and until they are required everyone should film the police. If the police stop breaking the law and killing and arresting innocent civilians then they have nothing to worry about. It is perfectly legal to film police doing their duties. Additionally, it is against the law for an officer to ask for identification unless he suspects you of committing a crime and has to provide the suspicion. Its just fine to provide your name and DOB. I know my rights. Perhaps dnlmclean should read the constitution and know your rights and the rights of citizens.

Tessa 04.03.2014 04:47

Other governments in history have been very amendment about having to show your identification, Nazi Germany comes to mind.