DOJ wants Bush, senior cabinet members exempt from Iraq War trial

22.08.2013 12:50

The United States Department of Justice has requested that former President George W. Bush and the highest figures in his administration receive full exemption from being tried for the Iraq War, which the DoJ says was in line with international law.

Comments (91) Sort by: Highest rating Oldest first Newest first

Timewarp2x 01.09.2013 07:10

Such a sad statement that Obama's DOJ prosecutes whistleblowers to the fullest extent of the law, while protecting banksters and war criminals. For Shame.

Kurt Edwards 24.08.2013 16:13

@Moazzam Khan, you are Right on!! This story only proves what I have known to be true. An Oligarchy exists outside of the institutions of government. Presidents and other politicians are effectively role players, whether they know it or not. We are living in a matrix, a manufactured reality. I hear you Moazzam, I know exactly what you are saying :)

Boris 24.08.2013 15:15

Why should they be exempt? They started the whole thing in the first place.

Moazzam Khan 24.08.2013 12:08

I have gone through the comments not deeply but in my view these all : bush, blair etc are just pup-it, there is a power behind them who drove them as it likes and according to their polices. No one can stop it and in running time too every thing is going on a scheduled program, all our comments shows our helpless, hopeless, worthless and just less and less nothing else more, USA is not being governed by the Americans democracy or vote power but it is being governed by a special power, some peoples know what i want to say but some don't? thanks for reading.

David Farris 24.08.2013 06:00

Robert Lung 23.08.2013 17:52

They are ALL war criminals Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, but as I see it they will not be tried for anything. This country has been HIJACKED by CRIMINALS so they will protect each other. We need to take back this country first before anything takes place.

A nd still is being hijacked. Obama is as much a war criminal as the former criminals. In my book worse. INstead of doing the hopey changey thing, he should have issued arrest warrants the second he assumed office against the bush cabal.

Maija Minskere 23.08.2013 21:04

That's Department of Criminals not Department of Justice.

Jim Byrne 23.08.2013 15:21

Surely they mean Dept of Injustice.

Dominic Cote 23.08.2013 15:19

And as I say hang them high for their arrogance and their crimes of course they will be pardoned with immunity, that is next on Obama's desk. But what about crimes against Americans, we were betrayed and lied to, we financed their escapade and now we are in debt. and now we can no longer trust our leaders and it seems we have no longer any control, checks, balances or restraints. All these things have left us with a very unpleasant taste in our mouths and I say justice will wash it out.

jmm 23.08.2013 15:16

The war was completely based on false information which they knew was false. Rumsfeld was quoted as saying Iraq had better targets in a meeting where former Bush aide Richard Clarke was attending. So yes, they are all guilty of war crimes, Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Powell etc. The fact that some Americans like Bush shows they live in a completely different and surreal world. I hope I never meet them.

Odest Gresham 23.08.2013 12:37

No one is above the law...Those that verbally or written that gave permission for crimes against humanity will not be excused. DOJ better think twice brfore they get mixed in this witch hunt

Susan Lindauer 23.08.2013 10:38

I want to Testify as a Witness! I was the Chief Asset covering Iraq at the United Nations, meeting Iraqi diplomats every 3 weeks from 1996 to 2003. My cousin was Andy Card, Chief of Staff to Pres Bush. I presented a peace framework, inc weapons inspections, & preferential oil & commercial contracts for US corps. In April & May, 2001, I was ordered to threaten Iraq, citing a known conspiracy to hijack airplanes & crash them into the world Trade Center. Let me testify, please!