Revealing your data: Facebook prepares to track screen cursors

31.10.2013 05:01

Facebook is a step away from tracking cursors on your computer and portable device screens to understand your tastes better, the company’s top official has vouched in an interview. The project is part of a huge increase in the volume of data collection.

Comments (22) Sort by: Highest rating Oldest first Newest first

Pryv 14.11.2013 11:47

If you'd like stop worry about your digital footprint and data privacy, you should take a look at Pryv. We are doing a service where your data is private, you even get to choose where it is stored. Pryv is also a more personal way of sharing selected your data with specific people. If interested, you could find out more about PRYV and also support us on our crowd funding campaign on Indiegogo.

gera toutoune 03.11.2013 13:37

I shut own Facebook longtime ago. I think facebook is good for people who like look at others pictures. I didn't even have the right name.

Liam Wilson 03.11.2013 13:23

What can be said of a nation state that spies on its children?

john 02.11.2013 07:24

people still use failbook? lol

Marcus Jones 01.11.2013 14:55

I recommend that you stop using facebook and look at Ravetree. They are a new social platform that doesn't have ads, and they don't track your browsing history. I'm so sick of facebook, google, yahoo, etc. thinking they can totally exploit our personal information.

Bob Lang 01.11.2013 10:30

Looks like April 1st has arrived 5 months early.

I'm not sure this is even possible, but even if it is it will only be a short time before browsers offer an option or plug-in to block it.

Freesaxon 01.11.2013 09:38

Just think, IF people had been FORCED to give all this information away, it wouldn’t happen.

Give them an online `toy’ to play with and they don’t mind. Using super computers our ` masters’ will soon be in a position to calculate their next moves, enforce political policies that WOULD have been unpopular, ( but they will spin them another way)

In short `game over’ for the sheeple

Tyrant 01.11.2013 05:01

Rosie DeeDee Davis 31.10.2013 12:32

I am transparent on Facebook. It is a sacrifice I am committed to, for the sake of educating the young adults in my family. That does not mean I am not aware of many things the government is attempting to do. Some things are simply more important. I have counted up the cost.

Your government thanks you I'm sure.

Maria Byrne 01.11.2013 04:50

Is this data collecting not against a persons human right to privacy? A picture of some of my family including me was put on Facebook even thought I don't have an account. When you put the cursor onto my face my name comes up (face recognition technology) and I object to my details being used.

Ryan E 31.10.2013 22:24

Rosie DeeDee Davis 31.10.2013 12:32

What life lesson are you trying teach by being transparent on a social media outlet? Is it a "Learn from my failure" example? I dont see the reward for this "sacrifice" ; or "cost" you speak of. If someone needs Facebook as a parenting tool, then they fail as a parent.

Wesley Monroe 31.10.2013 21:28

I will make sure to do disgusting things with my cursor from now on. yay.

Tyrant 31.10.2013 19:11

Nehal Latheef 31.10.2013 16:37

What would be the purpose?

Information = money.

Look at Google -the majority of it's money being made is through advertising and selling information.

Why do you think the majority of it's products are free?