US government shutdown: LIVE UPDATES

01.10.2013 01:17

The US government shutdown has ended 16 days after it shuttered federal agencies and put nearly one million workers on mandatory leave. An eleventh hour agreement spared a potentially catastrophic debt default and promised future negotiations.

Comments (112) Sort by: Highest rating Oldest first Newest first

Troy 17.10.2013 14:55

still prolonging these crises and never solving them. we'll have to do this all over again in less than half a year. what a pleasant way to start February, huh?

Charlie Foxtrot 16.10.2013 20:08

Keith Bosthen 16.10.2013 20:02

What a theatre, they are all probably laughing in close doors, hahaa.

Couldn't agree more!

Lala Tops 16.10.2013 20:07

Last year I wrote Mayor Ford of Toronto Canada about pollution and trash problems. A few months ago I received notice of Toronto implementing thirty years plans to deal with trash. We need plans for a positive future.

I have done my part. The only thing left for me to do is become the next President of the United States. I started up United America on order to do this because in reality there is no debt for US.

Wake up America and the world and do the math like I have!

With Love Always,
Lala

Lala Tops 16.10.2013 20:05

I stood up and publicized proof of my shares that have been distributed across the world. I have done the math, and it adds up to the United States not being in Debt; this is just with taking my shares into account. Once we add our internet ownership shares and with our 24/7 productions the US is up over 108%. The debts caused by representatives taking extravagant vacations and other frivolous activities is not our debt; those debts belong to those individuals personally.

Lala Tops 16.10.2013 20:03

I personally wrote business owners and brought jobs back to Michigan after I took my time and energy to access what was happening and what corrections needed to be made. I old schooled it and launched Build It Here, Ship It There; Anywhere in 2010, and then wrote business owners and political figures around the world to bring the economy back up by presenting facts of wastefulness and lost values from depreciations by equipment, projects and people sitting idle.

You will not take our country for granted any longer.

Keith Bosthen 16.10.2013 20:02

What a theatre, they are all probably laughing in close doors, hahaa.

Lala Tops 16.10.2013 19:59

You all used this same tactic for how many years now. Vacation all summer spending America's finances then come back and take out trillions more by October for your holiday spending sprees, and then shift it out of us by February only to take more for vacationing again.

You aren't taking our land, homes, cars, jobs or dignity any longer.

Henk 16.10.2013 19:58

Another chapter of the puppet-show.

Edward 16.10.2013 19:46

When you hear the term "Deal", you can bet someone is getting screwed, and it is usually the same group, the people.

READ MORE 16.10.2013 17:47

If anyone is still in the left vs. right mindset, they're not paying attention to who's pulling the strings of it all. Both parties could care less about ordinary Americans.

Jason Cake 16.10.2013 17:25

Shut this tyrannical government down! All you Americans that support the bullshit lies make me sick! More debt, more lies, more tyranny, more corruption and a huge socialist agenda full of our rights and freedoms takin away! You may be to stupid to understand truth but that's due to the media that has taught you all those awesome lies which you believe! I hate the parties cause they're both corrupted by global bankers.

Christian Sparks 16.10.2013 16:33

"16:18 GMT: A bipartisan compromise has been reached in the Senate to raise the debt limit, US Senate majority Reid has said. Senate Minority Leader McConnell has confirmed the deal. "

Don' t get your hopes up. Still has to pass in the House; odds are it won't.