US government shutdown: LIVE UPDATES

01.10.2013 01:17

The US government shutdown has ended 16 days after it shuttered federal agencies and put nearly one million workers on mandatory leave. An eleventh hour agreement spared a potentially catastrophic debt default and promised future negotiations.

Comments (103) Sort by: Highest rating Oldest first Newest first

Inez Deborah Emilia Altar 01.10.2013 09:12

and I assure that I am asleep and was sitting on the couch and then succumbed like from some veterinary product and I am trying a natural cure method my favourite which cures all manner of illnesses of Central Euroepan origin, some problem from abuse of my person and I simply cannot aver for sure of when I am not awake or might even have imagined due to danger when as though eyelids opened in sleep, please understand this I cannot be sure of without seeing the face for sure in full and not in a daze and then passed out or opened my eyes

Inez Deborah Emilia Altar 01.10.2013 09:09

in connection with this news which she heard not from here, I sometimes cannot post on my Facebook page

Inez Deborah Emilia Altar 01.10.2013 09:07

And my mother made some indiscreet and vulgar remarks loud in the early quiet rainy morning using second person, then "work" and "services" when I want a Mongol who loves me to have children with

ry 01.10.2013 08:56

is that reboot? ok that's what happen, if the leaders are warmongers,,,,,,,

and don't forget give more money to israel, work and work then give all your eanings to israel like a slave....hahaha

BiggerFatterPolitics 01.10.2013 08:42

Today's Republicans are either nuts, evil or both.

Benedikt Örn 01.10.2013 07:35

Just restart it.. this time with less guns & war.

green genes 01.10.2013 06:03

it cost the economy 300 mil a day to avoid a tril addition to the debt.........hmmm... ....looks like this can has been kicked too far......
push the blame on a group that has stood up to say something has to change.............. .check out the numerous videos on detroit........

Andres 01.10.2013 05:48

The House Republicans are in a tough spot here. The Tea Party caucus led by Ted Cruz over in the Senate has forced the GOP to shutdown the government over Obamacare. Even Boehner, the Republican speaker of the House, conceded that Obamacare was here to stay when the American people re-elected the President. There is a civil war in the GOP and it's not looking pretty. They're going to take the country down with them.

Paul Maher 01.10.2013 05:47

Free at Last, Free at Last!
Well actually they haven't even shut down much, still funding the homeland security pervs I see. And really who the hll ever calls this place their "homeland" that is so 1940s. Still, if someone would go in now and change all the locks we might make some real progress.

sandra 01.10.2013 05:39

Obummer, wife, offsprings and your aunt are all evicted from the White House. We will save money now that your gone.

Fire Reid and Pelosi, you ripped the people off long enough. You both are criminals.

Let the House of Rep. work on fixing what this administration has screwed up.