Mayor Bloomberg's advice to students: Become plumbers

20.05.2013 20:11

A college education won’t necessarily fatten your pockets, but the billionaire mayor of New York City has a suggestion he wants students to consider before they sign any costly tuition checks: what about becoming a plumber?

Comments (42) Sort by: Highest rating Oldest first Newest first

Yi Jiun 17.04.2014 16:09

Michael Bloomberg will do well in Singapore :)

Ken 19.08.2013 17:27

After all these years, he finally says something that makes sense.

Anonymous user 23.07.2013 22:35

Not a big Bloomberg fan, but this is the most sensible and enlightened advice coming from this mayor

Anonymous user 28.06.2013 17:40

I think Bloombergr has a point. You don't need college to make a decent living.

Kaela Creighton 28.06.2013 17:03

I know I've been worth 5 million dollars to Russia without even meaning to be. Anyway, I like Bloomberg. I think he's funny. I thought Bush was funny too until he started talking to those dinosaurs. LOL Why couldn't they have helped me then?

Kaela Creighton 28.06.2013 16:58

Putin can just make me a millionaire so that I can get silent revenge. So my plan isn't going so well. Ever tried asking someone for five million dollars? It never goes well. I want to rule the universe.

Kaela Creighton 28.06.2013 16:56

They should separate us younger, like the ones who are destined for real school and the ones who are not. I tried to escape my school, but they practically forced me to keep pursuing academics. Not only would we be with our true peers if we were separated, but we wouldn't have unrealistic expectations and dreams. My lil eyes are still burning because everyone abandoned and betrayed me for their grand futures. Inclusion my rear.

Anonymous user 22.06.2013 19:21

Truck driver computer could never bring it down

Anonymous user 24.05.2013 04:11

But what happens is the government imports cheap labor and kills any good job opportunities.

Anonymous user 22.05.2013 22:57

This generation is to lazy!!! Mexicans will replace them all!!!

Anonymous user 22.05.2013 22:52

I'm a plumber with a 6 figure income. I earn my money putting you college grads in debt even more!!!

Johnny 22.05.2013 12:54

It's actually rather sound advice from the usually out-of-touch plutocrat. Unless one can attend college without going into debt, a vocational/skilled labor career may be the way to go. If not for the GI Bill, I'd be an electrician's apprentice right now.