Another encrypted Internet service shutting down after Lavabit

09.08.2013 15:30

Silent Circle, a secure email service that provides customers with an encrypted way of sending messages, announced Thursday that it is shutting down only hours after a company offering a similar product said the same.

Comments (17) Sort by: Highest rating Oldest first Newest first

Wendy Swell 27.03.2014 18:54

I love the NSA..... As an Aero Space Weapons Designer/Engineer; I can get to the U.S. D.o.D. a whole lot faster. No more e-mails having to go through 99 channels before I get an answer. The messages get through right away, and they know right where I am. That way I get my Contracts signed/Checks even faster. Invent a satellite/lunar based weapon today, get paid tomorrow. Works for Me! Do you really think the NSA cares that your girlfriend cheated on you last night?

Teo Nesterov 16.01.2014 03:05

That's OK. They now make an encrypted аnti-NSA phone.
Check their website.

Tim Corbett 11.08.2013 21:54

Whoa! What a shame.

Antoinette Bates 11.08.2013 07:36

It's getting frightening people.

Zeitgeisttt 10.08.2013 07:01

The US p[robably shut down those sites to crack the encrypted code for more spying on the people that use these sites...

Giant Robo 10.08.2013 04:07

I hope they don't take down cryptocat next.
cryptocat has the cutest theme for an encryption service ever & i'd be sad to see it go :(

Maynard 10.08.2013 03:31

All spying is pepetrated by males. NSA is military is male. Reject the infantile. Sisters unite!

Bruce Fisher 10.08.2013 02:26

Successful intimidation.

Rabidsmurf01 10.08.2013 00:06

I would like to know how many Zimmerman's there are in this.

Mike Littlefield 09.08.2013 21:40

The best way to keep the government from reading your messages is to use complete sentences and words of more than two syllables.

Rooster Cogburn 09.08.2013 20:38

But liar in chief Obama just said we don't do domestic spying, you mean he is lying? Oh no I never thought he would lie to us! Who, him? HAHA such obvious lies. The mechanics of our society reveal an opposite reality to the one spoken of by the liars. Obama might have just as well said gravity is a myth and that the world is flat. I pity anyone who believes that.
They know from spying on me that I oppose this evil fascism I would bet, but I don't care.One of my favorite quotes, those who stand up for nothing will fall for anything.We need to use civil disobedience like Dr. Martin Luther King until they fall.Persevere!

hawaiiguy 09.08.2013 18:58

Maybe the USPS should launch an online mail service, If they serviced encrypted data between 2 parties I am certain it would win in court against illegal tapping.

PR101 09.08.2013 18:22

Frank 09.08.2013 17:44

Without an independent judiciary to worry about the US government intimidation of everyone will continue unchecked. If USA citizens weren't so soft we would do something about it, but that well known place will freeze over before that happens.

We have too many people like you who need to be watched very carefully.

PR101 09.08.2013 18:20

All as in ALL governments snoop your email. Don't think for a minute it doesn't happen world wide, including Russia, of course.

Frank 09.08.2013 17:44

nagyelme 09.08.2013 17:07

no problem, more non USA based services will become available to fill the gap. The USA Gestapo will have to disconnect from the WWW in order to stop people from encrypting their communications

Greg Smith 09.08.2013 17:05

Listen, every one of these services that shutter themselves are literally running into the arms of the criminal government that is spying on us. What's left are the services that are already watching us and reporting to their paymasters. What we need is services that will stand up to these thugs.