- Evander Holyfield has said he met with Mike Tyson “by chance” at an event in Chicago, but this time, the two former boxing heavyweight champions played friends, and no body parts were bitten off.
- Boxing superstar Manny Pacquiao will make millions no matter where he chooses to have his next professional bout, but the athlete is reportedly not interested in entertaining any offers at American venues.
- The World Boxing Association has allowed its Super Champion, Wladimir Klitschko, to hold another fight before his mandatory title defense against ‘regular’ belt holder Aleksandr Povetkin of Russia.
- British heavyweight Tyson Fury, believes boxing will better off without the Klitschko brothers, adding that he’s the man to put an end to the Ukrainian dominance of the division.
- Polish heavyweight Mariusz Wach has admitted to doping in his failed title fight against Ukrainian super-champ Wladimir Klitschko.
- WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko has dispelled rumors surrounding a possible fight with David Haye, despite the Brit claiming everything is ready for their encounter.
- The world’s top footballer Lionel Messi, could only bag third spot in the sports journalists’ vote for Athlete of Year in Argentina.
- US boxer, Eddie Chambers, says he’s ready to fight WBA ‘regular’ champ, Denis Lebedev, after his name was mentioned by the Russian’s promoter, Vladimir Khryunov.
- WBA ‘regular’ cruiserweight champ, Denis Lebedev, has successfully defended his title, delivering a devastating knockout to Santander Silgado of Columbia in front of home fans in Moscow.
- American rapper, Busta Rhymes, will arrive in the Russian capital to support his neighbor, Santander Silgado, in a cruiserweight WBA title bout against home favorite Denis Lebedev on December 17.
- Juan Manuel Marquez knocked Manny Pacquiao out with a right hand midway through their fight in Las Vegas, handing the Filipino star his second straight defeat.
- It turns out that banned substances helped Polish boxer, Mariusz Wach, to survive the whole 12 rounds in his match against heavyweight division’s super champion, Wladimir Klitschko.