- Positive US consumer data drove up European stocks, while Asian shares almost reached a five-year high and the yen made a marked comeback.
May 20, 2013 06:36
- Not only has social inequality risen in the industrialized nations over the past three decades, the economic crisis of 2008-09 sped up the deterioration as “pain of the crisis was not evenly shared,” a new report says.
May 19, 2013 04:18
- Thousands of people gathered in Rome on Saturday to protest austerity measures and high unemployment. Demonstrators urged Prime Minister Enrico Letta to create jobs in order to pull the country out of recession.
May 18, 2013 15:39
- China's film market is the world's second-largest, just behind the US, but those shooting a movie in China inevitably come to grips with state censorship. Industry insiders say it's killing the multi-million dollar film business.
May 18, 2013 11:29
- Bitcoin threatens both the financial elite’s monopoly over the economy and the online web of payment systems which have been used as a tool to crack down on free speech on the Internet, Amir Taaki, a bitcoin software developer, told RT.
May 17, 2013 18:21
- A top ranking member of the United States Federal Reserve cautioned economists this week that growing inequality within the US was worsening the odds of a quick return to the conditions of the pre-recession days.
May 17, 2013 14:16