- Youth gang riots in the Swedish capital Stockholm have entered fifth straight night. Hundreds of mostly immigrant teenagers tore through the suburbs, smashing windows and burning cars in the country’s worst outbreak of violence in years.
May 23, 2013 08:13
- The Japanese Nikkei lost 7.3 percent on Thursday, the worst loss in over two years, after China released unexpectedly weak Flash PMI accompanied by hints that the US Federal Reserve could shut down its stimulus program in June.
May 23, 2013 11:49
- Spanish engineers, who already spent some $680 million on designing the new generation S-80 class submarine, say it is a major “technical innovation.” There is just one problem the calculations show – if submerged into water, it may never come up again.
May 22, 2013 12:49
- As a severe recession and unprecedented unemployment sweeps Italy, millions of people are struggling to make ends meet. The number of those receiving food assistance has doubled in the past two years, according to a government report.
May 22, 2013 14:30
- The heads of Portugal’s biggest banks Millenium BCP and Banco Espirito Santo, have called on European leaders to stop “playing with fire” and alarming depositors in Eurozone economies.
May 20, 2013 17:04
- Not only has social inequality risen in the industrialized nations over the past three decades, the economic crisis of 2008-09 sped up the deterioration as “pain of the crisis was not evenly shared,” a new report says.
May 19, 2013 04:18