- E.On Russia, the Russian subsidiary of Germany's E.On power company, will transfer 100% of the net profit the energy company made in 2012, some $583 million into dividends, marking a record for the Russian domestic electricity market.
May 20, 2013 13:14
- The German city of Hamburg likely avoided a major technological disaster on May 1, when a freighter ship caught fire. It had several tons of radioactive material and explosives among its cargo, it was revealed.
May 18, 2013 06:40
- A topless Femen activist burning a crucified doll was among dozens protesting against the opening of the ‘Barbie Dreamhouse’ in Berlin. Protesters say the giant dollhouse and “plastic idols” promote an “unhealthy beauty obsession” in kids.
May 16, 2013 18:49
- German authorities are planning to launch an investigation into tens of thousands of patients in former East Germany who were allegedly used for drug trials without their consent “as guinea pigs,” after a media report sparked a wave of outrage.
May 14, 2013 11:58
- Saudi Arabia has confirmed four more cases of the new deadly coronavirus, contributing to global fears over the disease’s spread. Panic of this type has been boosting media ratings and has kept the drugs market bubbling over the last decade.
May 14, 2013 05:27
- In terms of population and economy, the German State of Bavaria is bigger than many European countries. It has over 12 million people and an annual GDP of over €440 billion. German politician Wilfried Scharnagl is calling for independence for the state.
May 13, 2013 12:27