- A Russian Lower House MP suggests to only protect movies and TV series in a new anti-piracy bill claiming that music is much cheaper to create.
June 19, 2013 07:53
- Despite reports indicating the opposite US President Barack Obama has continued to perpetrate the vague assertion that the controversial NSA surveillance programs, primarily PRISM, are responsible for stopping a major terrorist attack in New York City.
June 19, 2013 04:00
- The Pirate Bay co-founder Gottfrid Svartholm Warg can be extradited to Denmark, a Swedish court has ruled. There, he will face several new hacking charges for downloading a large number of files from a Danish police database.
June 18, 2013 11:45
- The Turkish government is mulling a draft law that aims to crack down on those who post "provocative material" on social media. Meanwhile, a new form of protest is sweeping Turkey, taking Twitter by storm under the hashtag ‘standing man.’
June 18, 2013 11:10
- President Barack Obama’s approval rating has dropped from 53 to 45 percent in the past month, with 61 percent of US poll respondents criticizing his handling of domestic government spying in wake of the NSA surveillance scandal.
June 17, 2013 16:31
- Apple received thousands of requests from US authorities for user info, but was unaware of Washington’s PRISM program, the company said. It joins internet giants Facebook, Google and Microsoft, which all disclosed data at the behest of the authorities.
June 17, 2013 07:22