- Israel has gone ahead and destroyed several EU-funded humanitarian projects in a settlement zone in the West Bank, despite diplomatic threats and repeated calls to desist, it has been revealed by EurActiv.
- Hezbollah's leader said Sunday that the Syrian regime is no longer in danger of being toppled by rebels, adding that the world wants to see a diplomatic solution to the country's ongoing crisis.
- As Israeli and Palestinian negotiators meet with US officials to prevent the latest round of peace talks from collapsing, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu warned negotiations would not continue “at any price.”
- More than 1,500 Palestinian children have died at the hands of Israeli forces since 2000, the Palestinian Authority's minister of social affairs, Kamal Sharafi, said Saturday, on Palestinian Children's Day.
- A testimony by a former US Air Force drone pilot has revealed that the US is using its Ramstein Air Base in Germany to wage highly controversial drone warfare in Africa, Yemen, and Pakistan.
- Secretary of State John Kerry said Friday that the Obama administration will reassess its role in attempting to broker a peace deal between Israel and Palestine after the latest round of discussions proved to be all but fruitful.
- Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas said Tuesday that the Palestinians are immediately applying for admittance to 15 UN agencies and conventions after Israel failed to release a fourth batch of prisoners in March.
- The Arab League has refused to recognize Israel as a Jewish state, backing Palestine’s stance on the issue. The demand by Israel threatened to destabilize US-Palestinian peace talks, according to Arab leaders.
- The option for people is to go back onto the streets, to call for democracy and for criminals to be brought to justice for the crimes they’ve committed against all Egyptians, Alaa Mohamed, a spokesperson for British Egyptians for Democracy, told RT.
- The US has been selective in supporting the self-determination of nations. It continues to dismiss Crimea's choice to reunite with Russia, while at the same time backs the coup in Kiev. And the idea is hardly new for Washington.
- The White House has canceled plans for a meeting later this month between President Barack Obama and Persian Gulf monarchs in Saudi Arabia based on tensions among US allies in the region, sources told The Wall Street Journal.
- While the world’s attention has been focused on the ongoing crisis in Ukraine, the conflict in Syria has continued unabated, and with it the suffering of the Syrian people.