- Warships from Russia’s Pacific Fleet have entered the Mediterranean for the first time in decades. Russia’s Navy Chief says the task force may be reinforced with nuclear submarines, as the country starts building up a permanent fleet in the region.
May 16, 2013 13:43
- The US Navy has successfully catapulted a prototype drone from an aircraft carrier on Tuesday, which is the first step in a program designed to begin fielding drones on all Navy carriers between 2017 and 2020.
May 14, 2013 16:59
- North Korea has replaced its hawkish armed forces minister with a younger general. The move comes as the US and South Korea launch new naval war games, which Pyongyang decried as “blackmail” and a “provocation.”
May 13, 2013 12:03
- A drone developed by the US Navy has broken its own endurance record by staying in the air for just over 48 hours. The 'Ion Tiger' used a new cryogenic tank for the liquid hydrogen fuel feeding its fuel cells to achieve the breakthrough.
May 12, 2013 07:01
- Granite formed on dry land has been discovered beneath the ocean off the coast of Brazil. Scientists suggest that it might be part of a sunken continent which disappeared millions of years ago and already branded it ‘Brazilian Atlantis’.
May 08, 2013 15:16
- United States Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel ordered a mandatory inspection Tuesday of all international military offices and workplaces in a bid to rid them of any material that fosters a sexually aggressive or generally hostile work environment.
May 08, 2013 23:57