- The Russian and British intelligence services will resume contacts aborted in 2006 and work together to provide security for the 2014 Winter Games, president Vladimir Putin and UK’s prime minister, David Cameron have agreed.
May 11, 2013 13:06
- A team of Russian cosmonauts plans to take the Olympic torch for the 2014 Sochi Winter Games into orbit, aboard the International Space Station. The torch's route could even see it carried outside the station, into space.
April 29, 2013 06:27
- Ex-vice-president of Russian Olympic Committee, Akhmed Bilalov, is accused of embezzlement of nearly 3mln rubles on foreign trips as well as abuse of power. He was previously criticized by Putin for delays and cost overruns of Sochi Olympics projects.
April 10, 2013 18:03
- The Central Bank of Russia will issue a commemorative 100 rouble note in October, a hundred days before the start of the winter Olympic Games in Sochi.
March 12, 2013 14:44
- Arch enemies the US and Iran seem to have found unity in sport. Both countries want to save wrestling as an Olympic event, as they are ready for ‘possible cooperation’ to fight a decision by the IOC to drop wrestling from the 2020 Olympics.
February 19, 2013 20:40
- The President of the Greek Wrestling Federation, Kostas Tanos, has called the IOC’s decision to expel the sport from the Olympic program “a sacrilege”.
February 14, 2013 11:24