- Ukrainian troops have seized an airfield in the city of Kramatorsk as part of a security operation against anti-government activists in the eastern part of the country. Activists claimed several people were wounded.
- You can get on an airplane with an expired driver’s license or even no ID at all, but not if you can’t say your own name. That’s the takeaway Sherry Wright discovered when helping her sister Heidi, who is unable to speak due to a stroke.
- A Swiss team unveiled a new version of their unique solar aircraft Wednesday and is planning to complete their first round-the-world solar flight next year.
- Russia’s Airborne Troops have parachute-landed on drifting iceflows in the Arctic Ocean near the North Pole in a first-ever daredevil training search-and-rescue operation.
- Researchers working for the United States Navy say they are around a decade away from mastering a procedure that will make high-powered fuel for the military’s fleet of ships out of run-of-the-mill seawater.
- An Australian ship has detected signals that might originate from Malaysian Airlines flight 370’s black boxes, in what’s been called the "most promising lead" so far in the search for the missing plane.
- The US Treasury has awarded American-based Boeing and GE a license to sell spare parts to Iran. The move is part of a temporary sanctions relief deal that began in January, Reuters reported. The deal breaks a long trade silence between the US and Iran.
- This looks like a toy, but it is no child’s play. South Korea is analyzing a drone that has crashed into a border island and is believed to have come from North Korea, following an artillery exchange between the two countries.
- Malaysian media should pose critical questions to the US and its Intelligence Services and not to the Malaysian Government.
- President Barack Obama may authorize the shipment of new air defense systems to rebel forces in Syria’s ongoing civil war, a new Associated Press report states.
- One of the US Air Force’s most mysterious projects – an unmanned space-faring plane – has broken its own longevity record by staying in orbit for more than 469 days.
- A Thai satellite has captured images showing over 300 floating objects in the southern Indian Ocean, which could be pieces of wreckage from the missing Malaysian Airlines Flight 370.