- The BBC is considering making an appeal against a court order which stopped it from broadcasting a dramatized film on last year’s riots in London.
July 18, 2012 09:21
- UK police are proving more and more inventive in their search for ‘less lethal’ ways to disperse protests. Chemical irritants, bizarrely-named ‘skunk oil’ and other ‘inventions’ are being presented as alternatives to plastic bullets.
April 10, 2012 01:46
- London Police may soon get access to water cannons, CS gas and even more Tasers as a means to tackle pesky troublemakers. The demand for a stronger force was unveiled in a Scotland Yard report analyzing the police response to last August’s riots.
March 14, 2012 11:21
- Europe ruled it illegal, but police in Britain continue to stop and search people whenever and wherever they like, with little grounds for suspicion. The area of society which finds itself most often targeted believes there is only one reason for it.
January 11, 2012 06:37
- In 2011, the UK saw a level of violence it hadn’t seen for years. The death of a 29-year old black man in London sparked four days of rioting and looting that resulted in at least five deaths and caused about £200 million worth of damage.
January 01, 2012 01:29
- Britain wants its police to be allowed to shoot live rounds at arsonists - that’s the conclusion of a recent report. So next time rioters take to the streets, they might just get a real bullet in the head rather than a rubber one.
December 21, 2011 11:55