Defense Authorization Act
- Fresh off the heels of last week’s sure-to-be-historic filibuster, Sen. Rand Paul (R-Kentucky) gave a rousing speech at Thursday’s Conservative Political Action Conference that once again ripped into US President Barack Obama.
March 14, 2013 17:48
- President Barack Obama signed the National Defense Authorization Act of 2013 on Wednesday, giving his stamp of approval to a Pentagon spending bill that will keep Guantanamo Bay open and make indefinite detention for US citizens as likely as ever.
January 03, 2013 17:01
- Lawmakers in Washington have stripped an amendment from next year’s National Defense Authorization Act that could have kept the government from indefinitely detaining US citizens without charge or trial.
December 19, 2012 17:42
- The US Supreme Court has been asked to step in and make sure the military cannot detain US citizens indefinitely without charge or trial as guaranteed in this year’s National Defense Authorization Act, or NDAA.
December 13, 2012 20:32
- The US Senate Armed Services Committee has halted the Pentagon’s request to send overseas more spies from the DoD’s Defense Intelligence Agency.
December 11, 2012 18:25
- The law allowing for indefinite detention of Americans without trial has been stripped from next year’s National Defense Authorization Act, but tweaks to the NDAA don’t mean the possibility of extrajudicial imprisonment has been eliminated for all.
December 05, 2012 18:55