- The White House says that it disagrees with a new law that makes unlocking cell phones a criminal offense.
March 04, 2013 10:13
- The US and the EU are adamantly defending media copyright laws in their latest attempt to tackle counterfeit goods online. But while publishers reap the benefits, disabled persons suffer - and some even say they are being discriminated against.
October 23, 2012 20:59
- Security experts are cautioning computer users that they could be targeted by a malicious SOPA “ransomware” virus that rekindles the witch-hunt targeting information sharing introduced last year by congressional lawmakers.
October 12, 2012 16:37
- The biggest names from Silicon Valley are flocking to Washington in order to make an impact on Capitol Hill. Under the name ‘The Internet Association,” Google, Facebook, Amazon and others have set up shop on K Street to lobby Congress.
September 19, 2012 20:41
- A number of international organizations such as Amnesty International, Mozilla, Hackers and Founders have signed the Internet Freedom Declaration, a document that calls for, among other things, Internet openness, access and privacy.
July 02, 2012 17:52
- The FBI was instrumental in arresting two dozen hackers this week that allegedly bought and sold credit card numbers over the Web. If you ask Ultimate Fighting Championship President Dana White, though, he had something to do with it too.
June 28, 2012 17:17